none
IE 11 and compatibility view

Question

• I have various reports generated by Windows Server DFS Replication that can only be viewed in IE9 or IE8.  When using IE 10, I had to manually change the compatibility view option to support IE8.   I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 Preview and am using IE11.  I can no longer view these reports nor place IE into compatibility view.

Can you tell me how to display a webpage in IE8 compatibility view when using IE11?

Note- I've tried F12/Emulation/User Agent String = IE8.  It didn't do anything.  I've also tried alt/tools/compatibility view settings/adding the website to the list.  It won't add this html file to the list.

Monday, July 15, 2013 9:52 PM

Answers

• The latest version of IE11 solves this problem.  IE8 mode works properly in this version.
    • Marked as answer by Caleb44 Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Caleb44,

What does it display when you open it using Internet Explorer 11? Is it blank?

On my view, Windows 8.1 preview is a beta version, maybe we can wait for the RTM release.

Best regards,

Karen Hu

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:15 AM
  • It displays it as blank.  It's just a white page.  Maybe your right and this is just a bug with the beta, however, there may be a solution right now, and if there is, I'd like to find it.  And if it is a bug, I'd like Microsoft to affirm that and work on a fix.  I'm sure they would like to know.  
    • Edited by Caleb44 Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:23 PM ....
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Hi Caleb44,

Thanks for your feedback. I will discuss it with my group members and submit it.

Best regards,

Karen Hu

Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:17 AM
  • The latest version of IE11 solves this problem.  IE8 mode works properly in this version.
    • Marked as answer by Caleb44 Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:56 PM