none
Excel save as PDF problem RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have an excel file that a user clicked "save as PDF" and the out coming PDF is freezing and the size of about 1MB. He passed me the file and I do the same convert it has only 400 KBs with no freezing problem. The excel version are the same (from Office 365) with latest patch, same windows 10 patch 1903. Also checked all converting setting parameter are set to be the same.

Thanks for any comment and advice.

Best Regards,

Jay

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does this issue occur on all Excel files or only a specific Excel file? How about other Office products, such as Word? Is there any error messages?

How did the user save Excel as PDF? I suggest refer to Save or convert to PDF or XPS to check the steps.

If all Excel file have this problem, try the methods below:

• Open Excel in Safe Mode: Start “Run” dialog box and type “excel /safe”, then click “File” -> “Open” to navigate the files you want convert and open.
    • If Safe Mode doesn’t work, try repairing the Office application. Please review Repair an Office application. After that, restart the computer.

In the meantime, we suggest installing Office updates on your computer. To do so, open “Excel” -> “Account” -> under “Product Information” -> “Update Now”. Once your program is already up to date, check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue occur on all Excel files or only a specific Excel file? How about other Office products, such as Word? Is there any error messages?

How did the user save Excel as PDF? I suggest refer to Save or convert to PDF or XPS to check the steps.

If all Excel file have this problem, try the methods below:

• Open Excel in Safe Mode: Start “Run” dialog box and type “excel /safe”, then click “File” -> “Open” to navigate the files you want convert and open.
    • If Safe Mode doesn’t work, try repairing the Office application. Please review Repair an Office application. After that, restart the computer.

In the meantime, we suggest installing Office updates on your computer. To do so, open “Excel” -> “Account” -> under “Product Information” -> “Update Now”. Once your program is already up to date, check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Hi Bella,

Seems only the excel file (all kind). But no problem with Word just checked. Thanks.

Jay

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:53 AM
  • Hi Jay,

Have you checked the above information of mine? Do you have any updates?

Feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:47 AM
  • Hi Bella,

I need to find sometime again to touch that user computer. I cannot do it unless that user recall me. Surely I will update you ASAP.

Best Regards,

Jay

Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:59 AM
  • Hi Bella,

The repair doesn't fix the problem. But I do clean install a new PC and installed the office again solved the problem. I will mark one of your reply as an answer to indicate for close case.

Best Regards,

Jay

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hi Jay,

Thanks for your kind responding and support. 

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Bella Wu

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:24 AM