Difference when get the mailbox on database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I trying to count how many mailboxes there are in a database.

I am using this command an it is bringing 38 mailboxes:

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited -Database "MDB01" | Group-Object -Property:Database | Select-Object Name, Count | Format-Table

Name                                         Count
    ----                                            -----
    MDB01                                         38

But when I run the command the result is quite different:

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited -Database "MDB01" | Group-Object -Property:Database | Select-O
    bject Name, Count | Format-Table

Name                                                                                                  Count
    ----                                                                                                       -----
    MDB01                                                                                                517

Do you know why the difference?

Thanks.

Sunday, July 26, 2020 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The commands you provided above are same, what changes has been made during the time?

What's the result running below command? 

Get-Mailbox | Group-Object -Property:Database | Select-Object Name,Count | Sort-Object Name | Format-Table -Auto

I tried the command in my environment, they show the same result

You may check the admin audit log to see if there is any mailbox move action and so on

This Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 27, 2020 3:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The commands you provided above are same, what changes has been made during the time?

What's the result running below command? 

Get-Mailbox | Group-Object -Property:Database | Select-Object Name,Count | Sort-Object Name | Format-Table -Auto

I tried the command in my environment, they show the same result

You may check the admin audit log to see if there is any mailbox move action and so on

This Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 27, 2020 3:02 AM
  • Yes, it´s very strange, like a delay to display the full result.

Thank you for the help.

Best Regards.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:38 PM