none
Auto population list from another list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've made a list in SharePoint, that clients have to upload an attachment to report issues to, with the reference number, name, email, date required, and a few other columns too.

Once they do this, I assign it to a team member to deal with. 

On the home page of the site, Ive also got another list (tracker) Here I currently have to put in the reference number (manually), and then add the assigned team member, the status, expected SLA, and any notes.

What I'd prefer is that when a customer uploads an issue, it auto populates in the tracker too, then I'd only have to assign the team member, and add any notes, as the status will always be a default value, as should the SLA

Is this possible, when an item is uploaded in one list, to auto populate the item in another list?

I don't want them in the same list with more fields for DPA

Any help would be great.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hi

I don't think this can be achieved. There is no interface to trigger the front end web page to populate an item.

What you can do is create a workflow to implement,

When an issue is created, create an tracker item in the tracker list, relate the reference number and set the status to SLA. Also, you can assign it to a default team member and he can reassign it after the workflow.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Learn Microsoft 365 from Microsoft DOCs now!
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:03 AM
  • Hi Christopher, 

For your requirement, if two lists have same columns, you can create a SharePoint designer workflow for the source list and then add a "Copy List Item" action to copy item in Current Item to tracker list.  Like the below:

If two lists have different columns, you can use "Create List Item" to create a new item in the another list using the fields of current item.

Note: choose "Start workflow automatically when an item is created".

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Hi Christopher,

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 11:49 AM