none
Outlook Forms not publishing fields RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a new outlook form using developer. I have customised the " message" form but when I send it as a test there are no fields except the original ones at the top. (T0, cc, subject)- the rest are missing when I send it on.  Where am I going wrong? I am looking to create a form for users to fill in as a help desk template. We (at the help desk) fill the form in and send it on for someone to deal with. I have a screen shot I can send but your form won't allow it.

• Edited by Jellymac Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my research, if you'd like the users in your organization to see your custom messgae, they need to add your messgae forms to their Personal Forms Library. Please follow the steps below.

1. Create a new message, click Developer and design this form.
    2. Select "P.2 or P.3 or ..." and customize your fields. (Note: Do not costomize your message in the original "Message" page)
    3. Then the most important step: Publish your form. If you are using an Exchange account, please contact your administrator to create an organizational forms library and give permissions to the users in your organization. And you need to publish your custom form to the organizational forms library then the users in your organization can see your custom form in the messages you sent via click P.2.

If you are not using an Exchange account, please publish your custom form to the Personal Forms Library and then save it as a template file(File > Save as > Type: Outlook Message Format) then share it to the users in your organization(They also need to add the form to their Personal Forms Library).

If this is not your case, please provide me with some screenshoots about your issue so I can do further research. (If you cannot put the screenshot here, you can upload it to OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and then share the link here.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:18 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 8:32 AM