none
Xcel Pivot tables keep crashing

Question

• I have a spreadsheet with a large amount of data.

I  have inserted a number of Pivot tables into a new worksheet, and keep losing the Pivot tables.

When I save and reopen the spreadsheet, I get messages saying " We found a problem in  XYZ.xls. Do you want us to try and recover as much as we can? IF you trust the source of this workbook click Yes"

When I click yes ,all my data is there but the Pivot tables no longer function and are hardcoded numbers and a message :

PivotTable report 'PivotTable2' on 'XYZ.xls]Sheet2' was discarded due to integrity problems.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, this problem is only appear in a specific file with .xls file format.

First please try to repair the file and check the result:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repairing-a-corrupted-workbook-7abfc44d-e9bf-4896-8899-bd10ef4d61ab?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Then please try to re-save as the file with a new file format .xlsx and check the result.

If the problem is still exist, try to only copy the data source to a new Workbook as text, then based on the new data source try to re-create these PivotTable and check the result.

Any updates please let me know, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if this information will help you and let me know if you would like further assistance. 

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 22, 2018 9:43 AM
  • THanks, I will check and get back to you

Sunday, January 28, 2018 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

Any updates about this problem now?

Regards,

Emi

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:51 AM
  • THanks

I found another work around n the internet, where for some reason turning autosave off seems to solve the problem.

So far it seems stable.

Thanks for your response

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:06 AM
  • OH, thanks for sharing.

I suggest you mark the workaround as answer. Other partners who read the forums with the same issue can get more information from the correct result. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Emi

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:07 AM