OWA and Active Sync RRS feed

• Question

• I have Exchange 2013 and some of the users could't use Mobile Device and Outlook web app but the others can.

O checked the properties of the User Mail box and OWA and Actyve Sync is enabled.

they could't use it but they were able to use it in the past.

is it related to DB?

Should I migrate the User Mailbox DB?

or ii's related to IIS and it's virtual directors?

Network Administrator Network Engineer

Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:20 AM

Answers

• Finally I moved the UserMailbox to another db and it's solved

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Looks like some parameters have got changed since the recent updates etc. You can try the following steps in a non-working user and see if it helps

Get-Mailbox UserName| FL ExchangeVersion

If the value is 0.0, run the following command

Set-Mailbox UserName –ApplyMandatoryProperties 

Regards From: Exchange Online | World of Cloud Computing

Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:38 AM
  • it's my response:

ExchangeVersion : 0.20 (15.0.0.0)

Can I Run below command?

Set-Mailbox UserName –ApplyMandatoryProperties 

Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Manu Philip. Apart from that, please share the error message when the user trying to access OWA.

You can also run the EXRCA for the users and see if its success or not, if not share the error message by removing the personal information.

https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/tests/exchange

Thanks,
    Ashok M My blog

Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

Since it shows the version correctly, no need to apply mandatory properties. Now need to check mode details of the issue. Try connecting the device and see you are able to see some event log errors or warnings under event viewer->Application/System containers

Also, you try a connectivity check using the Microsoft online tool https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/tests/exchange by using the problem usernames. Post us the maximum errors 

Regards From: Exchange Online | World of Cloud Computing

Thursday, July 16, 2020 9:41 AM
  • Hi Hamidreza Akbari,

What is the specific error when using a mobile device and OWA fails?

Have these users made any setting changes before this issue occurred?

Please run the following commands to check if the virtual directory setting is correct.

Get-OwaVirtualDirectory -Identity <> | fl

Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -Identity <> | fl

For more information :Get-OwaVirtualDirectoryGet-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory and Default settings for Exchange virtual directories.

I agree with the opinions of the above, please try to check by use ExRCA and share the result with us, please note that hide your private information.

This Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 17, 2020 8:39 AM
  • Hi Hamidreza Akbari,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier.

Thanks for your understanding.

This Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:32 AM
  • Finally I moved the UserMailbox to another db and it's solved

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:40 PM
  • Hi Hamidreza Akbari,

I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post so that other forum members could easily find useful information here:

Issue Symptom:

In Exchange 2013, some users couldn't use Mobile Device and Outlook web app but the others can.

Solution:

Moved the UserMailbox to another database.

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Thursday, July 30, 2020 7:19 AM