none
Mac OS X Image Printing Issue

Question

• Hello All,

I'm having a problem printing images from the Mac client. The same images print fine from the Windows 10 client. The white parts of the image appear dark on paper. Is this due to a bug and can anyone help shed some light?

Happy to provide further info on request.

Thanks,

NewtCon.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:45 AM

All replies

• hi,

1 which method do your Mac computer connect to printer ?(by using usb cable ,by using wired/wireless  network ,by using shared printer server )
    2 what's your the issue printers model ?
    3 do you use latest correct printer driver on your MAC computer ?
    4 do you want to print image in remote session when your Mac computer remote access the session host server ?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 10:34 AM
  • Is there any progress on your question?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:51 PM
  • Hi Andy YOU,

Apologies for the late reply - I only received an alert to your second message but not your first. To answer your questions:

1. Tried both USB and AirPrint via wi-fi, with same result.
    2. Tried on both Epson WF-2630 and Canon TS9100.
    3. Yes, latest Mac drivers in use.
    4. I want to print a document containing an image from a remote desktop client running on a Mac computer connected to a remote Windows Server.

Thanks.

Monday, May 13, 2019 12:50 AM
  • hi, NewtCon
    5can you print test page successfully in remote session after you remote access to a remote Windows Server on Mac computer?

6can you print test page on Mac computer locally?
    How to Print a Test Page in Windows
    https://www.dell.com/support/article/sg/en/sgbsd1/sln153411/how-to-print-a-test-page-in-windows?lang=en
    7 if you download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.2.13 (1593) ,will the problem persist ?
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.2.13 (1593)
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/5e0c144289a51fca2d3bfa39ce7f2b06/
    Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:34 AM
  • Hi Andy YOU,

Yes, I can print a test page from the Windows Server session to the redirected printer successfully. On the test page, it states that the MS Publisher Imagesetter driver is correctly installed.

I can print a test page on the Mac locally as well.

I am using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.2.13 (1593) and having the problem.

Thanks.

Friday, May 17, 2019 1:04 AM
  • hi,
    8 can you enter winver in command prompt on session host server and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
    9 which applications are installed on this problematical session host server ?
      9.1Please check the symptom in a clean boot on session host server if it is possible. Ensure the latest update has been installed to avoid known issue
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
    10  if you remote access to your win10 on your Mac computer ,will the problem persist ?

Friday, May 17, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Is there any progress on your question?

Monday, May 20, 2019 2:02 AM
  • Hi,

Windows Server 2016 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2906).

Just Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and OrderWise installed on the server.

Symptom is present in a clean boot.

Sorry, not sure what question 10 means - I am remote accessing Windows Server OS using MS Remote Desktop app from Mac OS X where the problem is present.

Thanks!

Monday, May 20, 2019 2:27 AM
  • hi,
    "Sorry, not sure what question 10 means"
    I am not sure if your issue also happen on other windows version system(win7 ,win10 ,,window server 2012).
    (when your Mac remote access windows 10 and print the problematical image on it ,will the problem persist ? )

Saturday, May 25, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

I only have access to a single server unfortunately so I am unable to check.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:24 AM
  • Hi
    from your description ,there are at least 2 PC and 1 server in your environment.
    2 PC: one Mac OS X and the other win10 computer
    1 server: windows 2016

11 can problematical document be printed fine on local Mac OS X computer ?
    12 if you remote access win10 on Mac OS X and print the same problematical document ,will the problem persist ?
    13when the issue happen ,is there any related log on windows server 2016 ?
    Event ViewerapplicationsystemEvent Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientUSBDevices_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientUSBDevices_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-PnPDevices_Admin
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-PnPDevices_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -microsoft\windows\printservice
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -microsoft\windows\termininalservice-printers

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:25 AM
  • Hi,

Win10 is Home Edition.

Nothing in the logs from the exact time of the issue occuring.

Best regards,

NewtCon.

Monday, June 3, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Hi
    14 when you not remote access the server on MAC computer ,can you print the issue image on MAC local successfully and without any issue?
    15 what's the MAC computer Mac OS X version number ?
    16 can you enter gpresult /h c:\print.html on session host server and look if the below policy is enable ?
    Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services –> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Printer Redirection
    Use Remote Desktop Easy Print driver first enable or not configured

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

14. Yes.

15. I have tried on different Mac OS X El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra.

16. There is only an entry for Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Licensing but none for Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Printer Redirection.

Thanks,

NewtCon

Friday, June 7, 2019 2:41 AM