Windows 10 Enterprise 1709, update after deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I can't use my Windows 10 ent x64 1709 after I deployed it by MDT - When it came to boot, a page appear to give me information about the network : I can't go through because the installer want to go on the net to download updates...

My network and my VM can't go to the internet, because I'm on a private network which is totally closed.

Do you know how to bypass this forced update please ?

Thank you !

Monday, December 18, 2017 2:20 PM

Answers

• Finally find a solution by myself:

Updating MDT to the last version to be compliant with Windows 10 ENT 1709 (mdt v8450)

Have to remove the networking card Intel E1000, reboot VM, install a VMXNET3 network card, install VMware tools, reboot and finally, even there's still an avertissement of networking problem, I can sysprep&capture the VM and use the Windows 10 ENT 1709 deployed by the MDT :)

• Marked as answer by Julien HOMMET Monday, January 15, 2018 2:57 PM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 2:57 PM

All replies

• Could you be a bit more specific? Are we talking about this screen?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, December 18, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Hello ! Sorry, I was in holidays... :-)

Yes, it's this screen I can't have ! When my capture is done, I had an error "no networking adapters found" - I launch a deployment with this previous image captured and I don't have this screen.

An error message : "oops, can't connect to the internet blabla..." And I can't go further.

:(

I opened a thread of the capture problem : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41d3dd70-823e-4cfb-9781-829293b144d0/mdt-windows-10-enterprise-1709-fails-capture-networking-problem?forum=mdt

Thank you !

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:33 AM
  • Finally find a solution by myself:

Updating MDT to the last version to be compliant with Windows 10 ENT 1709 (mdt v8450)

Have to remove the networking card Intel E1000, reboot VM, install a VMXNET3 network card, install VMware tools, reboot and finally, even there's still an avertissement of networking problem, I can sysprep&capture the VM and use the Windows 10 ENT 1709 deployed by the MDT :)

• Marked as answer by Julien HOMMET Monday, January 15, 2018 2:57 PM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 2:57 PM