none
Monitoring File Size in Sharepoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I would like to be able to get notified when a file exceeds a certain size

I understand that in Sharepoint Online you cannot determine the size limit yourself. 

I do not necessarily want to limit but to get notified. For me is a Powerpoint presentation exceeds 1 GB it usually means somebody is not working efficiently and I would like to work with him/her to reduce the size

Is there a way to use KQL in the search center and run a reoccurring query for files exceeding a certain size? 

Any ideas? 

Gali

Gali Gonen

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi, Gali,

The workaround i can think of is using SharePoint storage metrics to check the usage or use a Power Shell script to find the large files exceeding a limit you set. 

Here is an example: https://www.sharepointdiary.com/2018/11/sharepoint-online-find-all-large-files-using-powershell.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi, Gali,

The workaround i can think of is using SharePoint storage metrics to check the usage or use a Power Shell script to find the large files exceeding a limit you set. 

Here is an example: https://www.sharepointdiary.com/2018/11/sharepoint-online-find-all-large-files-using-powershell.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:34 AM
  • Hi, Gali,

After a few days, how is everything going? 

Best Regards

Jerry

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:11 AM