Internet Explorer has stopped working..

Question

• Everytime I close a tab or window a box pops up saying Internet Explorer has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem and then it says that something has caused the internet to not work but they cannot find it so then I have to hit close program. When I do this all that happens is the tabs or windows that I have up already are refresh or are recovered.  How do I get my Internet to stop doing this to me because its getting very irritating.
    Monday, November 08, 2010 4:24 AM

Answers

• Please re-install Internet Explorer and check if this solve your problem.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 15, 2010 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 15, 2010 7:50 AM
    Monday, November 08, 2010 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

First, please let me know if there is any programs or updates installed before the issue occurs.

You may perform system restore to test this issue.

If the issue persists, please boot in Safe Mode and Clean Boot to check if the issue still exists.

If the issue persists, Please go to reset the IE to test this issue:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Also, I suggest going to perform System File Checker to scan your system for missing/corrupt files.

If the problem cannot be resolved, please go to Event Viewer to check the event log, see if any error is relevant.

Event Log

========================

1. Click "Start", input "eventvwr" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.

2. Right click on "Application" on the left frame, choose "Save Log file As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click “Save”.

3. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys".

4. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and send them to us.

You can refer to the following link to upload the information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 09, 2010 6:44 AM

All replies

• Please re-install Internet Explorer and check if this solve your problem.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 15, 2010 7:50 AM
    Monday, November 08, 2010 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

First, please let me know if there is any programs or updates installed before the issue occurs.

You may perform system restore to test this issue.

If the issue persists, please boot in Safe Mode and Clean Boot to check if the issue still exists.

If the issue persists, Please go to reset the IE to test this issue:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Also, I suggest going to perform System File Checker to scan your system for missing/corrupt files.

If the problem cannot be resolved, please go to Event Viewer to check the event log, see if any error is relevant.

Event Log

========================

1. Click "Start", input "eventvwr" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.

2. Right click on "Application" on the left frame, choose "Save Log file As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click “Save”.

3. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys".

4. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and send them to us.

You can refer to the following link to upload the information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 09, 2010 6:44 AM