none
Outlook Connector update error RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up <g class="gr_ gr_11 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="11" id="11">new</g> email account for business and the message below comes up

"Upgrade in Progress. Your mailbox is currently being optimized as part of <g class="gr_ gr_18 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="18" id="18">upgrade</g> to Outlook 2010. This one time process may take over 15 minutes and performance may be affected while the optimization is in progress."

There's an "Upgrade Now" button but it fails to produce any visible result. Next to the button, another warning in red: "You must upgrade to the latest version of Outlook Hotmail Connector to continue using this e-mail account."

seems locked. We are connected to SBS exchange

I have tried to delete user account and recreate

Install Hotmail connector - however I am using MS 2010 64 bit and I can onbly download the 32 bit as I get an error when I try the 64 bit version

I have updated & installed latest versions

Please help

Monday, May 28, 2018 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Jotre

Based on your description, I find a similar case about this problem ,solution:

1) Performed a "repair" of Outlook 2010, via the Control Panel > Programs and Features.
    2) Rebooted.
    3) Prior to launching Outlook, returned to Control Panel > Mail and configured the location of my PST file (not in default directory).
    4) Had to reestablish as off my mail accounts, settings/preferences/etc. This step was the most tedious and frustrating.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/ff555aed-ede8-48c0-b7cc-2fcb49d1a436/outlook-2010-cannot-sendreceive-mail-and-states-mailbox-is-being-optimized-due-to-upgrade-and?forum=onlineservicesoc

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 2:37 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:02 PM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:37 AM
  • Outlook, a fucking useless piece of shit through and through. fragile as a piece of glass. Don't fucing breathe on it or it will have a fucking conniption fit. Pathetic excuse for a simple send/recieve fucking email client.

Google mail BLOWS thjis shit out of the water...and so does APPLE.

MS, go fuck yourself.

Friday, August 30, 2019 5:04 PM