none
80070005 RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot sign-in to MSN messanger on my computer, the error 80070005 comes up.  I have tried several suggestions listed on these threads. I recently travelled and thought it was the time zone change, but i changed it back and it still will not work.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:13 AM

Answers

• Before going any further, you should confirm that you could contact with the Internet properly, test to any webpage in Internet Explorer.

If there is no problem with Internet connection, since Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation issue; it is recommended that you should submit a service request to MSN support http://support.msn.com to solve the problem in timely manner.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:34 AM

All replies

• Before going any further, you should confirm that you could contact with the Internet properly, test to any webpage in Internet Explorer.

If there is no problem with Internet connection, since Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista installation issue; it is recommended that you should submit a service request to MSN support http://support.msn.com to solve the problem in timely manner.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:34 AM
  • Step 1  The easiest way is to restart computer and log in with administrator account. If you do not want to restart computer, then you can switch user account to administrator with following steps.

Step 2  Click "Start" button and choose "Control Panel" on which you can see the "User Account" option. Click and open it.

Step 3  You can see all user accounts on the User Accounts window, and then please select the one that represents your user account. Go ahead and click "Change the account type" and enter password if required.

Step 4  Then log out Windows and log back in once again, after which you'll have the same access rights to all operations as administrator account. Then you can try installing Windows updates now.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:47 AM