none
State service error when submitting InfoPath form to Library RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem and looks like Google couldn't help me.. I really hope someone here will be able to.

I have a Form Library using a custom form. When submitting the form to the library, users are getting this error. I don't get the error with my own user, only difference is I have full access to the farm and content using web app policy.

ULS logs give me few informations

SharePoint Server State Service bm1k Medium StateSqlSession.GetItemBytesInternal() Locked row in database for key ba18f90ee2e844468b08e90ad96dff2c_05967b71a21948d39b7d4d3ada9b27c9 for 4 seconds
    SharePoint Server State Service bm0t Unexpected StateManager.GetState() Locked data (05967b71-a219-48d3-9b7d-4d3ada9b27c9)
    InfoPath Forms Services Runtime - State Service b5st Medium MOSS StateService threw an exception: A Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service error occurred while processing your request. For more information, contact your server farm administrator.

I deleted the State Service and recreated it twice, once with PowerShell and then with the Farm Configuration wizard. Restarted the server. Problem might come from InfoPath Forms Services tho but I don't what else I can do.

Does anyone have any clue??

JP Berube | MCTS SharePoint 2010 Configuration and Application Development
    • Edited by JP Berube Friday, January 27, 2012 5:14 PM
    Friday, January 27, 2012 5:10 PM

Answers

• I just found out that a colleague changed the permissions of the Members group on that sites... Since there was REST query in that forms, some permissions were missing. This was creating an error therefor, the state was not kept and State Service was throwing an error. 

Thanks anyway for your help Joao.

• Marked as answer by JP Berube Friday, January 27, 2012 7:27 PM
    Friday, January 27, 2012 7:27 PM

All replies

• Maybe something relative to your InfoPath Form Deploy?, Full Thrust?, Have Certificate? Is Deployed? Approved?
    MVP Office Development, MCP, MCTS SharePoint 2010 Development
    • Edited by Joao Livio Friday, January 27, 2012 5:48 PM
    Friday, January 27, 2012 5:47 PM
  • I just found out that a colleague changed the permissions of the Members group on that sites... Since there was REST query in that forms, some permissions were missing. This was creating an error therefor, the state was not kept and State Service was throwing an error. 

Thanks anyway for your help Joao.

• Marked as answer by JP Berube Friday, January 27, 2012 7:27 PM
    Friday, January 27, 2012 7:27 PM
  • Hi Berube,

I am also having same issue. May i know what permission is required to get rid of this issue?

In my case, it fails for reader user. i am also using REST query. I am looking for other solution rather than granting permission to normal users.

please help me, if you have any solution.

Thanks & Regards Raj

Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:19 PM
  • Hi,

I didn't test it but the group in which users was did not have the "Use Remote Interfaces" permission. I'm pretty sure that's the permission that was missing but to solve my problem, I was able to move the users to the default "Site members" group which already have this permission and a few others that the other group didn't.

Hope it helps.

JP

Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:25 PM
  • I'm getting the same exact error and log messages when running with "Full Control" permissions. Any suggestions?  The problem may have started after applying SP 1 and the October 2011 CU (yes, we did run the Config wizard afterwards) -- can't say for sure though b/c we didn't use the form until 2 months later. Everything was working fine before. The forms all work fine within the infopath client.  I just checked central admin and the "Use Remote Interfaces" perm is enabled.  For me the issue happens when an External Picker attempts to set a value to a hidden control in the form.

New info: We solved this by installing the June2012 CU, KB2598354.  For us, the issue was caused by the  Oct 2011 CU.

• Edited by Chris_Mo Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:56 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Chris_Mo Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:56 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

same issue still exists even after granting full control. moreover, i am not getting this error all the time. my form is hosted in a server where there are multiple WFE's and load balancer. 

any one solved this issue?

Thanks & Regards Raj

Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:45 PM
  • I'm having the same sporadic issue here with multi WFEs and load balancer.
    I am at Oct 2011 CU and will be updating soon.
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:27 PM
  • Hi Raj,

In my case I created a new permission level that includes the "Browse Directories" site permissions. This also grants View Pages and Open permissions. I then granted users this permission level to the site. 

In my scenario, I am setting contribute permissions on individual items, but users were getting an error when trying to save the form until I created the additional permission level and granted access to the site.

Monday, February 4, 2013 3:54 AM
  • Hi Raj,

Are you able to fix this problem? i am having same issue. Please help if you have already resolved your issue.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:53 PM
  • Hi,

We had the same problem with InfoPath.
    After analysis of servers,it turns out that the anonymous user authentication has been enabled on the web application server via IIS and not via SharePoint (unsupported configuration), causing side-effects on some queries which calls to forms.

We disabled anonymous access.This desactivation causes the functioning of forms again.

Rachid.

• Proposed as answer by racheton Friday, February 21, 2014 10:14 AM
    • Edited by racheton Friday, February 21, 2014 10:19 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 10:12 AM
  • i am using SharePoint online and one of my site page using infopath form. But automatically i am getting sharepoint error and in ifopath form field "This form is closed" error. please give your input how it was fixed.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:12 PM