none
Wsus synchronisation failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

since 3 days my WSUS synchronisation fails with this error: 

WebException: Timeout für Vorgang überschritten
    bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
       bei Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest)
       bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       bei Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetRevisionIdList(Cookie cookie, ServerSyncFilter filter)
       bei Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.WebserviceGetRevisionIdList(ServerSyncFilter filter, Boolean isConfigData)
       bei Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRedirect)

I digged into this issue and find, WsusService.exe tries to contact the server https://sws.update.microsoft.com/ unfortunately the certificate for this server is not OK, Google Chrome reports: NET::ERR_CERTIFICATE_TRANSPARENCY_REQUIRED .

Environment: Server 2012R2 with all updates installed. 

Any ideas how to solve this issue? 

• Edited by WalterHof Sunday, September 9, 2018 1:25 PM missing information
    Sunday, September 9, 2018 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hello Walter,

Same issue as you. It seems that the KB4346783 can't be sync due to a known issue which have not been fixed yet.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-10-servicing/Known-issue-with-importing-updates-from-the-Microsoft-Update/td-p/163830

However, we could import it to WSUS manually by following steps.

1. Click "Import updates" in WSUS console
    2. In the address bar, change "1.20" to "1.80"

3. Search for KB4346783, add it to basket, and click "import" in basket.

4. When the importing is done, we could see KB4346783 in the WSUS console.

Hope my answer could help you.

Best Regards,
    Ray Jia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by WalterHof Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:48 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2018 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hello sir,

Glad to provide help with your issue.

As far as i know, it is not only you who have encountered this issue. It seems that some of the packages released in the 9/5 of the Office 2016 category have caused this problem. 

However, Microsoft has fixed this issue, and i could sync successfully in my lab now (9/10). So please check again in your environment again and it should work now.

Best Regards,
    Ray  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 10, 2018 12:41 AM
  • Ray,

synchronization now works without an error, unfortunately there are no new packages for download. I miss KB4346783 in WSUS.

I did all steps described here: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2016/01/26/the-complete-guide-to-microsoft-wsus-and-configuration-manager-sup-maintenance/ 

Unfortunately the package KB4346783 will not be synchronized to my WSUS server.

Any ideas how to get KB4346783 synchronized and downloaded? 

Walter

• Edited by WalterHof Monday, September 10, 2018 6:15 AM missing information
    Monday, September 10, 2018 5:51 AM
  • Hello Walter,

Same issue as you. It seems that the KB4346783 can't be sync due to a known issue which have not been fixed yet.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-10-servicing/Known-issue-with-importing-updates-from-the-Microsoft-Update/td-p/163830

However, we could import it to WSUS manually by following steps.

1. Click "Import updates" in WSUS console
    2. In the address bar, change "1.20" to "1.80"

3. Search for KB4346783, add it to basket, and click "import" in basket.

4. When the importing is done, we could see KB4346783 in the WSUS console.

Best Regards,
    Ray Jia

• Marked as answer by WalterHof Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:48 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Ray,

thank you for this very good and detailed explanation. Now KB4346783 shows up in my WSUS server. 

Thank you for your help.

Walter

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:51 PM