none
Enterprise mode in IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to work out why enterprise mode in IE11 isn't working on all clients we have in our environment.

Our specs:

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

IE11 versions 11.0.9600.17501 update versions: 11.0.15 (KB3008923)

Sites created using Enterprise Mode Site List Manager and the path where the file resides is accessible by all users

On some clients, not all, I managed to get enterprise mode to work.  Verified this when the enterprise mode icon appears.  Group policy has only "Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list" enabled.

Please help me troubleshoot this.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi James,

Based on my test, it works fine for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.

Open your XML file export from Enterprise Mode Site List Manager, check if those sites you want to run as Enterprise mode were added successfully.

If the XML file is Ok, enable group policy "Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list", check if your location is correct:

Meanwhile, double check if it was added to registry:

In addition, please refer to this article:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2014/04/02/stay-up-to-date-with-enterprise-mode-for-internet-explorer-11.aspx

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 5, 2015 6:39 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply.  Group policy works perfectly as well as the xml list and the shared location where the file lives.  As mention previously, enterprise mode works but not on all workstations.  I've checked the registries and they all look fine.  Group policy is being applied.

I did find something weird though.  I have a test account where enterprise mode works on the first test PC.  I log onto the second PC with the same test account and enterprise mode doesn't work.  I then log the second test account onto the second test PC and enterprise mode works fine.

As you can see it isn't the PC that's having issues or missing anything in particular.  At this moment I'm a bit clueless as to why enterprise mode isn't working at all times.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 11:04 PM
  • Hi James,

it's indeed wired. Since the same user account on two computers, one works, one doesn't work. it seems the computer issue. But, on this computer, another user account works fine.

Let's double check again.

On the non-worked computer and user account, make sure this group policy is enable for computer level and user level. And the related registry reflect correct under these path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 9, 2015 9:43 AM
  • do you use roaming user profiles or some similar setup?

If so, this discussion may be relevant:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/itmanagement/en-US/6c266558-a7f0-4169-a0a7-668899b1653e/ie-11-enterprise-mode-on-remote-desktop-server?forum=ieitprocurrentver

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, February 9, 2015 11:18 AM