none
Footer shows on print preview, but doesn't print out. RRS feed

• Question

• Using IE11, footer shows up on print preview, but doesn't print out. I've tried adjusting margins, but nothing.
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi

does the same happen in compatibility mode or from another browser?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, September 6, 2014 5:36 PM
  • Hi Bargain Hunter,

I agree with Ed (DareDevil57), the compatibility issue is the cause of some common problems.

Here is how to add your websites to compatibility view:

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 8, 2014 8:57 AM
  • Thanks for your input. So you are saying I have to do this every time I want to print out something from IE11? This sounds like a lot of trouble. This never happened with the earlier versions. Is there something with the compatibility of the printer I'm using an HP 2175. In fact just now after printing a page I received an error saying the printer can't print out the footer.
    Monday, September 8, 2014 6:29 PM
  •  after printing a page I received an error saying the printer can't print out the footer.

Try changing the options to avoid doing that?  (Or choose a shorter footer.)

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:49 PM
    Answerer