none
Windows server 2012 R2, PDC, event id 12344 SRMSVC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have 2 servers, 1 is 2016 and the other is 2012 R2. I believe both of them are PDC or at least the 2016 is. Everything was set up for 2 years and have been running fine. Now, suddenly we have this event id 12344 SRMSVC.

I read some articles advising to run schema update. I'm sure we already ran it when we upgrade the network 2 years ago. 

Please help. The message shows up inconsistently in terms of timing.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

just want a peaceful life and bring smiles to everyone in the best possible way.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

These events can safely be ignored if you are not running an Active Directory that has been updated to Windows 2012. This problem has been fixed in Windows Server 2012 R2. If you wants the errors to go away and doesn't want to install a Windows Server 2012 Domain Controller, you can use the Windows Server 2012 DVD to only update the Active Directory Schema to 2012 and the events will stop being logged.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Cle001 Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:11 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.   

Best regards,
    Yilia

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 13, 2019 7:28 AM

All replies

• Please run;
    • Dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:DCName >c:\dcdiag.log
      (please replace DCName with your domain controller's netbios name)
    • repadmin /showrepl >C:\repl.txt
    • ipconfig /all > C:\dc1.txt
    • ipconfig /all > C:\dc2.txt

then put files up on OneDrive and share a link.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 7:51 PM
  • Hi,

These events can safely be ignored if you are not running an Active Directory that has been updated to Windows 2012. This problem has been fixed in Windows Server 2012 R2. If you wants the errors to go away and doesn't want to install a Windows Server 2012 Domain Controller, you can use the Windows Server 2012 DVD to only update the Active Directory Schema to 2012 and the events will stop being logged.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Thanks,
    I can't run the 2nd command repadmin /showrepl...

here are 3 other files:
    https://1drv.ms/w/s!As5hvyGVXgsXf4NTXxyfudWbLuk  (dcdiag)

https://1drv.ms/t/s!As5hvyGVXgsXgQFOmOqaieWzvjqV (dc1)

https://1drv.ms/t/s!As5hvyGVXgsXgQBqOxCPa_tENPFa (dc2)

just want a peaceful life and bring smiles to everyone in the best possible way.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:31 PM
  • Thanks,

I am trying to download the OS to a DVD and will run. However, other people said it should be automatically updated once I upgrade the domain to 2012R2. Should I run it again? Will it change anything? I changed admin account several times because I could not access to system manage (the icon of a wheel). It's gone for good no matter how many times I changed / replaced the admin accounts but at least with the current accounts I don't have any error messages for more than a year. Going back to the chaos of previous admin accounts will be suicidal to me. :) 

Best,

Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:37 PM

• I can't run the 2nd command repadmin /showrepl...

What happens when you try? Also do not convert or paste the text output to microsoft word (line wrap and char injection problems)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:50 PM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.   

Best regards,
    Yilia

Monday, May 13, 2019 7:28 AM