none
Automatic formatting of connector arrows - cross functional flowchart formatting RRS feed

• Question

• I would like the colour of the connector arrows produced on a cross functional flowchart to be set by data. In the wizard i can add a "Connector label" but this a very small label. I want to control the colour of the arrow based on what this label value is, can this be done?

For context this is a cross functional flowchart to show dependencies of multiple projects. The colour of the arrow shows the RAG grade of the the dependency.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Based on my research, Cross-Functional Flowchart Process Map uses the default connector style. There is no such a build-in feature to help you control the colours of the arrow based on "connector label values".

If you want to format of connector arrows automatically according to their connector label values, you may need use some VBA code. Maybe you can ask questions at  General Office Development forum and Visio forum in Microsoft Community . You may get more helpful replies or suggestions there.

Generally, you can manually change the style(including narrow colors) in Visio. For more information, read Edit connector lines, arrows, or points.

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to tell us.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Hi Herb,

Thanks for your reply - will see how far i can get with VBA,

Cheers,

Matt

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:22 AM