none
Internet Explorer 9 keeps shutting down everytime I close window or email RRS feed

• Question

• I was using IE 8 and started having issues with it giving me a message that says Internet Explorer has stopped working...searching for solution then would pop up with message that says it stopped working correctly and allows me to close program. This happened every time I would close a window or an email. I upgraded to IE 9 hoping that would fix the problem and it is still happening. It doesn't actually close anything except the window or email I am trying to close but it does it every time. Very annoying as I have to wait for it to finish and then click the close program button to be able to continue. Please help!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:04 PM

Answers

• Because it's happening in both ie8 and 9 it would point to an antivirus security suite,

What do you use for internet security ?

All emails need active x controls, some of ie9's filtering could of been an issue, but if this also happened in ie8,

You can simply go to internet options and the security section and click on restore and post here what is the level showing you set on, medium/ med-high..

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:16 PM