none
Power Pivot missing from COM Add-ins RRS feed

• Question

• O/S is Windows 10 Pro, MS Office Professional Plus 2016 (standalone, not a subscription). 

After following the steps in this article, https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2805999/com-add-ins-are-not-displayed-in-the-com-add-ins-dialog-box-in-excel-2   which instruct to delete registry keys, after launch the keys reappear in the registry but Power Pivot entry in the Options > Add-ins > Manage > COM Add-ins yields NO Microsoft Power Pivot for Excel...Maddening!! I can find no additional troubleshooting remedies.

I did the above before and AFTER uninstalling, using the Microsoft Office deep clean/purge tool, and then reinstalling.

I have an anxious client, therefore I am anxious! Any Help IS Much Appreciated!!! Thanks Again!! Mark 

• Edited by jmw_sr Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:12 PM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark.

>>MS Office Professional Plus 2016 (standalone, not a subscription)<< Do you mean you install the MSI version of Office your environment?

How do you active your Office application?

I tested this problem and I found if I disable PowerPivot add-in from feature I can get the same result. Please try to check if this method will help you:

Go to Control Panle- Programs and Features- Select Office program and right click it- Select Change:

Then Select Add or Remove features:

Select Excel- Add ins- PowerPivot and Run from My computer:

After configuring the program, reopen Excel and check the result.

Any updates please let me know, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:58 AM
  • Thank you for your post Emi! I had to move forward quickly so we ended up getting a different license type and the new install fixed the issue. I would loved to have seen this earlier and tried it. And again, I truly appreciate your help! Best, Mark

JMW

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 3:08 PM
  • It's fine, if you get any problems when using Office applications please post in our forum. We are glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 1:33 AM
  • And you said you solve this problem by changing the license type and reinstalling Office, I suggest mark your solution as an answer. Other partners who read the forums with the same issue can get more information from the correct result. 

Thank you. :)

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 1:44 AM