none
wrong characters when i type inside IE 11 browser RRS feed

• Question

• Win 7 completely patched and updated, using IE 11. Only when using keyboard (have tried two wired and one wireless) and only typing in browser what is typed changes, if i type for example"tttttt" i get "nomam" address bar typing no issues.

Any other browser works fine as do apps like word and word pad.

I have wiped all and reset browser. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled,

I have checked all keyboard settings, did a complete system scan (webroot internet security)

Upgraded the Bios.

When i remote in or use on-screen keyboard no issues. 

any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, July 23, 2018 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

test in noAddons mode to rule out third-party addons or malware.

Start>Run>iexplore.exe -extoff

Make sure you AV products are up-to-date with the latest definitions.

Make sure your IE encoding settings are set to use utf-8 Unicode. (View>Encoding menu)

Include links to problem websites with your questions. Some websites (particularly Japanese) may be using ja-jp encoding and not utf-8.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 7:10 AM