Outlook Won't Start RRS feed

• Question

• My computer updated overnight. This morning I cannot access Outlook. I have 3 email addresses (one outlook.com and two others related to my business. I keep getting the same error message that I need to repair files. I have done this five times already and it STILL will not let me open mail. I googled the problem and found various "fixes" but nothing worked. 

Friday, July 10, 2020 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thanks for visiting our forum, sorry about the inconvenience that Outlook causes to you.

What's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook).

According to your description, it seems that this issue came after you upgraded your Outlook client. To better solve your issue, would you mind providing me with more information related to your issue(such as concrete error message and screenshots of your issue) so that I can do further researches? 

You could upload the picture to OneDrive and copy the picture link to reply. (Notice: Please hide your personal information in the screenshot for security.)

Besides, have you tried the workarounds Akshay mentioned above? How is everything going now? If the issue still continues, as a workaround, you could temporarily use web mail to handle your businesses for now.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 13, 2020 5:29 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 11:38 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you think my reply is helpful to you, please remember to mark it as an answer. Thanks for your understanding and support.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 8:32 AM
  • Hi IWMA Director,

By "My computer updated overnight", do you mean the issue started after Windows updates were installed?
    May I know what steps you have taken to try fixing the issue?

Please refer to the replies above to see if the issue can be resolved. If issue persists, it's recommended to try repairing Office via Control Panel and see the result.

Should there is any update or you would like further assistance on this, please don't hesitate to let us know.

This Outlook IT Pro Discussions Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Outlook IT Pro Discussions will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:59 AM