none
IE9 Printing RRS feed

• Question

• When is microsoft going to help fix IE9 printing for Intuit's Quickbooks and other applications? It's been more than a year and the issue persists. Please don't tell me to fix faxing - been there done that - no change - just a waste of time. the script error in preview.js should be enough for any programmer [high school or not]  to correct this - does anyone at Microsft here this? I blame Quickbooks for just NOW telling everyone to remove IE9 because NO VERSION of Quickbooks works with ANY VERSION of IE9!  Does MS care that poeple need to go back to IE8 [Intuit's only solution - no they don't have any programmers either] to run applications [which is why we buy operating sytems!].
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 6:11 PM

All replies

• oops... you realized you were double posting? Hijacking an unrealated thread....

these are public forums.... we do not work for or represent neither Quickbooks or MS...

try

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, uncheck "Do not save encrypted files to disk"

for consumer help with IE select the Help>Online support menu from IE and follow the links for your windows and IE versions.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 (and 10 Consumer Preview) for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

see also http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ieitprocurrentver/thread/8d781d2a-910f-47b9-95bc-e9d8b05372a9

Rob^_^

Monday, May 14, 2012 1:42 AM
  • Huh? That's my help? Double posting? Huh? WOW!
    Monday, May 14, 2012 11:42 PM
  • Hi ,

This issue is related to 3ird party applications. It is recommended to contact the printer manufacturer for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:46 AM
  • Great answer - how about you get together with Intuit who by the blames Microsoft for making changes from IE9 beta that created the issue? You telling me to go them and they telling me to go to you FIXES nothing. PRINTING WORKS IN EVERYTHING BUT IE9!  Why do I need a new driver for IE9 for Quixkbooks and other apps which by the way print JUST FINE in IE8 and Firefox [ANY VERSION] or Chrome?  Do you have any one at Microsoft that is responsive to anyone?  IT IS AN ISSUE IN IEFRAME.DLL - with preview.js - THAT IS EASY TO FIND on many forums. What do MS programmers do with complaints? I DO NOT EXCPECT you to fix this - not sure WHAT you do but at least forward it to someone who can - perhaps? 

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:58 PM
  • IT IS AN ISSUE IN IEFRAME.DLL - with preview.js - THAT IS EASY TO FIND on many forums.

Can you reproduce it with  XPS Document Writer  as your printer?   If not, doing that could be a workaround.   Unfortunately, some people who have tried this claim that although the resulting .xps file can be viewed Ok it doesn't print either.   That would tend to point the finger back at the printer driver, independently of IE.   E.g. the implication then would be that IE was creating a valid output which the printer or its driver was not handling.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:56 AM
    Answerer