Send as error: [578:0x000004DC:0x0000001D] #EX# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. Am trying to send as a group mailbox. Each time I recieve the below error.

Before getting this error I had changed the description field in AD to a new name.

Clients Outlook 2010 Server Exchange 2007

If I navigate to the distribution list and select from there then the e-mail is sent fine. However in Outlook if i choose the e-mail address from the drop down list and then send the e-mail I end up with the below NDR.

I have tried going to AD removing my account from the security tab of the group mailbox, then adding myself in with the default permissions and also selecting 'send as' this didn't help yet.

Please can anyone assist.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists

You are not allowed to send this message because you are trying to send on behalf of another sender without permission to do so. Please verify that you are sending on behalf of the correct sender, or ask your system administrator to help you get the required permission.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server:

/O=Company/OU=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=user
    #MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=company:server[578:0x000004DC:0x0000001D] #EX#

• Edited by techsup1983 Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:12 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If you want to send as on one distribution group, follow this command to check the permission on that group:

Get-ADpermission -identity  groupname  -User domain\username

After you check, if you find you have send as permission on that group, recreate Outlook profile to send email again.

Thanks,

Evan Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by techsup1983 Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:08 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this cmdlet:

Set-Mailbox groupmailbox -GrantSendOnBehalfTo usermailbox

Regards from ExchangeOnline | Windows Administrator's forums

Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:20 PM
  • Hello. I have tried the above command and it has not worked. I should also add that my user account already has full access to the mailbox and send as + send on behalf of permissions on the group mailbox.

for your cmdlet i have entered the names like i would to log onto a computer and not an email address or anything, is that ok?

When I performed this powershell command it gave no errors.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:39 PM
  • On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:39:40 +0000, techsup1983 wrote:

>Hello. I have tried the above command and it has not worked. I should also add that my user account already has full access to the mailbox and send as + send on behalf of permissions on the group mailbox.

Pick one or the other. You can't have both "Send As" and "Send on
    behalf of" on that one user/mailbox.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:29 PM
  • Hello,

If you want to send as on one distribution group, follow this command to check the permission on that group:

Get-ADpermission -identity  groupname  -User domain\username

After you check, if you find you have send as permission on that group, recreate Outlook profile to send email again.

Thanks,

Evan Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by techsup1983 Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:08 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 8:21 AM
  • new profile fixed it for me. Thanks.
    Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Yes, new profile Works..!!! No always is required but when the client can't send as another account recreate the Outlook profile it's the solution.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:27 PM