none
Microsoft Office Pro 2016 - can't download Visio Professional Plan 2 Trial RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Microsoft Office Pro 2016 license on my computer.   I went to download a trial version of the Visio Professional Plan 2 TRIAL.   When I went to activate, this is the error message I received.

"The products we found in your account can't be used to activate VISIO."

I am not understanding what this error means.   What do I need to do so that I can download and activate the trial.

Thank you,

S.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the account you used to activate Visio Online Plan 2?

Based on your description, I tried to apply for a Visio Online Plan 2 Trial to show you how to make it work.

I applied a Visio Online Plan 2 Trial with my Microsoft account(Company Email /School accounts are also available) from Microsoft website. I got a User ID based on my input.

I went to Office portal to download the Visio online installer.

I can activate Visio Online Plan 2 after it was installed with the User ID i got from the website.

In fact, if you want to use other account to activate Visio Online Plan 2, you need to assign licenses to your user accounts. You need to do that in Office 365 Admin Portal (as a Global Admin, naturally use your User ID got from Trial application page). Select 'Users' and then 'Active users' in the left hand pane of the Office 365 Admin center. Select the users to whom you want to assign the Visio subscription. Edit the Product licenses and enable Visio.

Now, users can download Visio online installer from office.com (Office Portal) and activate Visio Online Plan 2 after installing with their user accounts.

Here is a blog article on this for your reference: Automation made easy: Using Microsoft Visio to create Flows.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope the information was helpful. If you have any updates or anything unclear, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, November 8, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If the replies are helpful to this question, please remember to mark them as answers. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:27 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:17 AM