none
Hyper-V error "Video Remoting was disconnected" RRS feed

• Question

• Was resolved by Adskiy_sotona by removing updates, but he won't show in his thread anymore, so we don't know which ones. And the problem still persists on Win 10 1803.

Video Remoting was disconnected on all VM, including a newly created.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:45 PM

All replies

• Kindly go through the workaround as suggested here:

"Video Remoting Was Disconnected” Hyper-V Connecting

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:54 AM
  • Hi,

Reboot the host machine and install all updates by checking for windows update.

Can you rdp to the virtual machine?

It is suggested that you can do an in-place upgrade of the host system to repair the corrupted system components, then create hyper-v again.

Insert the setup DVD to the host machine, and click setup.exe, choose upgrade.

Remember to back up all your data before you perform the in-place upgrade.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 6:46 AM
  • I can't rdp to VM

I got same problem on my notebook after 1803 update. Had reverted my note to previous version but it had not helps.

Update from setup flashdrive? It will be win10 before fall creators update and my VMs settings are upgraded, and I will not able to run them in older version of Win10?

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

It is not a known issue in windows 10 1803. And since the rollback did not work neither, it is possible that the components are corrupted during upgrade.

Before upgrade, here are a few things you can try:

1. What is the error code when you rdp to virtual machine?

2.Rebuild the hyper-v. Uninstall and reinstall.

3.Open cmd as administrator and run the command 

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If nothing work, you can download the iso image from here and burn it on the USB/CD

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 12:19 AM
  • i'm tryin' to rdp by mstsc.exe and providing VM's ip. Have I do it another way?
    Friday, July 27, 2018 2:43 PM
  • I'm working with Microsoft support on this issue. I don't have a complete solution yet, but I do have a direction now:

I have some Group Policy settings which increase security from the Microsoft defaults, such as minimum RDP certificate requirements, security channel signing, and others.

The Microsoft support agent had me perform an interesting test: Create a whole new, completely default OrganizationalUnit (OU) in my Active Directory, set the "Block Inheritance" property on that new OU, and move my Hyper-V test server into that new OU; then GPUPDATE/FORCE on the test server.

And, no Certificate mismatch (Hyper-V Manager insisting on using short names, certificates being FQDNs), no "Video remoting was disconnected" errors.

This is of course not an acceptable solution, and I'm confident that, now that we know where to look, once we whittle down the specific GPOs bringing the Hyper-V insecurities to light, we will find that Hyper-V needs to be tightened up a bit. (Another thing entirely whether Microsoft will agree, of course).

If someone finds specific GPOs which provoke either of these two problems (Certificate Mismatch due to shortname vs. FQDN, or Video remoting was disconnected; screenshots below), please let us all know!

regards,

-Jay

Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:03 PM
  • Solved it by disabling Hyper V in Programs and features Restart the Machine and Enable it again. 

No Files will be lost except Hyper-V settings.

• Edited by von garcia Monday, December 2, 2019 3:56 AM
    Monday, December 2, 2019 3:54 AM