RDS 2012 R2: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the (name-of-service) service RRS feed

• 質問

• Hi guys,

On a random base (daily, weekly) we're experiencing major log-in problems on our Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Services farm. The VM's are hosted on Hyper-V 2008 hosts and we're not using Citrix techniques etc.

Users are reporting that they cannot log-in, the log-in sessions hangs with a blank screen when loading their user profile (e.g. Please Wait For The User Profile Service).

In the System event log of the server on which the user is logging on the following errors are shown:

Source:        Service Control Manager 
    Date:          23-12-2014 7:28:01
    Event ID:      7011
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Description:

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UmRdpService service.

…and after 30 (or sometimes 60) seconds, the same error only another service (in random order):

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UmRdpService service.

…and after exactly 30 seconds, the same error only another service:

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UxmSms service.

etcetera, with the following errors:

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Netman service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the AudioEndPointBuilder service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WPDBusEnum service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NlaSvc service.

The Portable Device Enumerator Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the TrkWks service.

These errors are logged continuously.

An administrator cannot solve this since he isn't able to login in as well (console or remotely), only a hard reset of the VM is possible to use the affected server again.

I took different steps to solve this problem without any success, like:

- Installing the latest Windows updates
    - Removed unnecessary printer drivers, print monitors and print processors (no local printers/drivers are installed, only Remote Desktop Easy Printer driver is used)
    - Searched different forum posts, but found only hotfixes for Windows Server 2008 R2.

Can someone please help me with this annoying problem?

Many thanks!!

EDIT:
    Of course is increasing the time-out not really an option here... http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13765.event-id-7011-service-timeout.aspx

2014年12月24日 11:29

すべての返信

• Hi Jeroentjuhh,

1)Do you see this problem on all VM's or only on Windows 2012 R2 server?

2)Are these VMs' in hyper-v cluster?

3)Do you see event id 56 or 50? Please see the below link if it helps you to resolve these events.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/scstr/archive/2012/02/29/how-to-troubleshoot-the-terminal-server-security-layer-detected-an-error-in-the-protocol-stream-and-has-disconnected-the-client-client-ip-and-the-rdp-protocol-component-x-224-detected-an-error-in-the-protocol-stream-and-has-d.aspx

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

2014年12月24日 12:04
  • Hi Umesh,

Thanks for your reply! Below the answers to your questions:

1)Do you see this problem on all VM's or only on Windows 2012 R2 server?
    - We've currently only one Windows 2012 R2 VM, the rest of the servers are on base of Windows 2008 R2 and are working fine. We want to use 2012 R2 for all VM's, but not until this problem is solved.

2)Are these VMs' in hyper-v cluster?
    - Yes, the Windows 2008 R2 VM's and Windows 2012 R2 VM are in a Hyper-V cluster

3)Do you see event id 56 or 50? Please see the below link if it helps you to resolve these events.
    - I've just searched the System eventlog, but no events with protocol stream errors of 56 or 50 ID's.

Thanks!

2014年12月24日 12:12
  • Hi,

How about if you migrate the VM to another host? Do you still see the same problem?

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

2014年12月24日 12:20
  • Hi Umesh,

I've not tried that, the VM is now placed on the least loaded host within the cluster. Since all hosts are using exactly the same configuration, I expect no differences. Thx, Jeroen

2014年12月24日 12:40
  • Hi Jero,

The reason why I asked you to migrate the VM to another host is, as per the information you have provided, it looks like there is some issue for services which are giving "timeout" error in that host. If migration of VM to another host helps you to fix the issue, then we can narrow down the issue to that particular host. Please perform this action and let us know the result.

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

2014年12月24日 15:04
  • Hi Jero,

Do you have any update on the issue?

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

2015年1月5日 14:26
  • Hi Umesh,

Thanks for asking!

I've moved the VM a week ago, but since the holiday season was there no real load on it. And as the problems are really at a random base, I would like to wait a while before we form any conclusions.

Thanks!

Jeroen

2015年1月5日 14:33
  • Unfortunately moving the VM to other Hyper-V hosts didn't help. The VM just hang, same 7011 eventID's are being logged (A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the <servicename> service) and I'm unable to login.

The following message is displayed when I try to login during the problem; a reset will solve it until the next time... Does anyone has a solution for this; it is making me (and my clients) crazy!

2015年1月6日 16:50
  • Hi Jero,

Since it is in non-English, I am not able to understand the message that is on screen. However, I would suggest you to disjoin and re-join this VM to domain and see if helps.

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

2015年1月6日 17:58
  • Hi Umesh,

Sorry, the screenshot is indeed in Dutch. It gets stuck on "Please wait for the Remote Desktop Configuration".

I don't get the disjoin and join the VM's to the domain action, what are your thoughts around this? As I don't think that services spontaneously stop working when there is a domain-join-issue?

Thanks!

Jeroen 

2015年1月9日 7:59
  • Hi Jero,

There may be an issue with group policies taking long time to apply. Or VM may be taking time to locate domain controller for authentication. Or there may be some services taking long time to start. This is the reason I asked you to disjoin and re-join to the domain.

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

2015年1月9日 8:19
  • Hello Jeroentjuhh,

This can possibly because of TS ports are cached in the following section of the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\DEVICECLASSES can be applicable http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2012/03/06/performance-issues-due-to-inactive-terminal-server-ports.aspx

Sanket. J Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2015年1月10日 3:33
  • Hi Sanket,

Thanks for your help! However I don't experience long logon times, but a RDS server which is not responding anymore. Events 7011 are being logged (A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the servicename-service) and I'm unable to login since "Please wait for the Remote Desktop Configuration" is displayed for hours. A hard reset of the VM is the only temporarly solution.

Jeroen

2015年1月11日 10:43
  • Hi Jero,

Were you able to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Umesh.S.K

2015年2月2日 21:22
  • Hi Umesh,

Thanks for the follow up, but still no solution available... There are enough hotfixes available who could potentially fix the problem according to others, but only for Windows Server 2008 R2 instead of 2012 R2. :(

• 回答の候補に設定 tijgetje57 2015年5月13日 11:52
    • 回答の候補の設定解除 Jeroentjuhh 2015年5月13日 11:56
    2015年2月6日 23:17
  • Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem on a Server 2012 R2 RD server. Users that logged on already could not open some excel sheets or had applications saying not responding (not all applications). I have had this issue before on 2008 R1/R2 terminal servers en most of the time it's caused by the print spooler. 

After turning off the print spooler service from another computer through remote service (as I was unable to logon to the computer either by RDP or by console) my logon finished and I could use the RD server again without rebooting the server or anything. 

Have you found a valid solution for your problem or does it still occur sometimes?

Regards,

Dave

2015年5月11日 8:39
  • I also do have the same freaking issue, driving me MAD/insane. Cannot figure out why this is happening. Do we have to reboot the machine once in the week. Or do we have scrap the 2012 R2 environment due to the fact it's premature too early on the market? Not well tested.....

2015年5月13日 11:54
  • Hi Dave,

No still no solution for this annoying issue... :( And since we don't have any printer drivers installed on our environment (Easy print driver only), I'm not sure if it is printerdriver related at all.

Thx,

Jeroen

2015年5月13日 11:59
  • Same problem here since installing a bunch of updates on the 21st of May. Has been running fine for about 6 months but had a lock up on the 25th and today - same symptoms as above.

So it looks to me like an MS Update issue - but which one?

2015年5月26日 4:21
  • In our scenario the RDS 2012 R2 servers are recently installed and thus patched up completely. Could be that there is a specific update causing this issue however I have no clue which update it is. 

After enabling print driver isolation on all our drivers the problem went away for about a week untill yesterday it happened again on one server. Since the resolution is restarting the print spooler everytime (sometimes this is not possible using remote services so i have to use tasklist/taskkill to get it done) I still believe this has something to do with printing in our case.

2015年5月27日 8:08
  • Hi Jeroen,

Did anyone soleved this problem?

Regards,

Niels

2015年7月17日 13:48
  • Hi, we have the same issue. Did you or somebody else find a solution for this? Regards, Steven
    2015年8月15日 16:44
  • The exact same issue here. It seems to be gone for a couple of weeks and then returns. Anti Virus products have been replaced, Citrix adjustments have been made, all without any luck
    2015年8月19日 11:33
  • I have a very similar problem in one of the environments that I manage.  Initially, I had a virtual machine running Server 2008 R2 (on top of vSphere 5.5) set up as a Remote Desktop Server and that server typically services 20-30 user sessions.  The server was running just fine for the longest time (two years, at least) and then suddenly, about 6-8 months ago, we noticed that the sessions would all freeze up at around 6pm.  The freeze would sometimes last just a minute or two but sometimes it would last considerably longer.

After trying various fixes, I decided to set up a new virtual machine running Server 2012 R2.  I finally got my users migrated over to this new server but last night, the sessions on the new 2012 R2 server did the same thing at the same time.  Now, I still had the old 2008 R2 virtual machine powered on and so if there was something on that VM that was consuming resources, I suppose that could have had an impact on the new 2012 R2 VM so I'm going to be shutting down the old 2008 R2 VM today to see what happens tonight.

Do any of you have SQL (or SQL Express) in your environment?  One of my other VMs is a 2008 R2 file server that also runs a SQL Express instance (SQL Express 2005) and I'm wondering if maybe there is something going on with SQL that is bleeding resources away from the RDS VM.

Thank for reading,

Daniel

2015年8月25日 16:02
  • I have exactly the same problem on 94 RDS Hosts, is there any solution to fix this issue from the hell.
    2016年1月4日 23:16
  • Hi Guys,

We have this problem since today on multiple random servers. Only thing that has changed is IE update. Did you guys find a solution/hotfix? Anything at all? Its hard to troubleshoot the exact cause. We have time outs on the services: iphlpsvc, NlaSvc, ShellHWDetection, Schedule, SessionEnv, Wuauserv.. etc etc.

2016年2月16日 9:04
  • Hello,

I am currently also experiecing this problem on multiple RDS hosts. It is hard to point out a specific cause. However it seems that it started out after more users were being logged on into the environment because during our 2 month test period with only a few users everything went fine. Unless ofcourse somehow a user or application is causing this issue. I think this is not the case because it sometimes happens on multiple servers almost at the same time.

besides this issue we also see "ghost" sessions which weren't logged out the way they should and they show up as disconnected with 4 services running. Occasionally this causes users being unable to login because the session broker thinks they still have a session. Not sure if this is related though.

2016年3月1日 9:09
  • I'm facing the same problem with a 2012 R2 box, since last Windows updates.

Each time before UmRdpService timeout, a user logged in. I think the problem is related to printer redirection.

Here are two articles I found:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/77a521a1-e3d5-4ab2-9c0f-be4a5498ce1c/windows-server-2008-sp2-stops-responding-as-multiple-services-timeout?forum=winserverTS

http://www.eversity.nl/blog/2012/08/a-timeout-30000-milliseconds-was-reached-while-waiting-for-a-transaction-response-from-the-name-of-service-service/

In my case I have HP Universal printer driver installed on the server and i'm actually trying to find UmRdpService logs to understand what's happening.

2016年4月15日 8:31
  • I am also experiencing this identical problem. Environment is Hyper-V 2012 R2, VM in question is 2012 R2 RDS server with approximately 25 max users all RDS roles except licensing which is on 2012 R2 DC. This VM ran flawlessly for more than a year before this started occurring. I did much research for an answer as you all but could not find a definitive one although tried numerous solutions. Eventually I gave up and moved my users to a host/VM combination that had been in use but only 1-5 users and had never experienced this problem. Now that it is under moderate load with up to 25 users but typically 10-20 the problem occurs randomly. Sometimes multiple times per day, sometimes not for a week or more. It all seems to start with the windows error reporting service timing out when starting but I believe this is just a symptom. I cannot find a clear log entry that points to a cause. Then the winlogon process times out as users are trying to logon and eventually the server goes pretty much unresponsive as other process hang, DCOM errors, MS office errors etc. but again these are all just symptoms. Near as I can tell the problem first started on the initial server on 8/2/16. The last group of patches was installed on 7/10/16 so This I think it was not a patch as the frequency that it occurs now is at least weekly but I suppose it still could be a patch. I have now seen the problem with only 1-2 users. I am posting as today it has now occurred 2 times and again as I write this. I am truly at wits end. I know there is not much meat here but you have all hashed out the same errors and symptoms I am seeing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    • 編集済み Lostwax 2016年8月24日 15:01
    2016年8月24日 14:27
  • Hello, in my case it looks as though this was caused by Webroot. I uninstalled the application yesterday 8/24/16 at 12pm EDT and have not yet seen a recurrence of the problem. I have had Webroot deployed on all workstations and servers for over 2 years without an issue. I saw on another post my identical symptoms.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/c865784d-0dda-4796-82f3-c7ae6763b63d/server-2012-rds-winlogon-process-crashing-event-id-4005?forum=winserverts

Shame on me for dismissing the AV app, I should know better, oh well. I am seeing this on 2008 R2 RDS and even an old 2003 TS. I verified with Webroot and this is still a high-priority problem they are working to resolve. There is some kind of intermittent interaction with the windows logon process that starts the deterioration eventually requiring a hard stop and restart. Some combination of windows updates and their software updates created the problem. They have a proposed resolution and it is backdating to an earlier release of the software. I have not yet done this. Waiting to see if the problem has truly gone away.

2016年8月25日 14:14
  • Hello,

I have this issue now in my Windows Server 2012 RDS farm. Did you have any fix for it?

I appreciate your help a lot.

Regards

tago

2016年11月3日 21:22
  • Hello,

I have this issue now in my Windows Server 2012 RDS farm. Did you have any fix for it?

I appreciate your help a lot.

Regards

tago

2016年11月3日 21:22
  • This issue has suddenly appeared on two of our servers as well. I am going to clean up print drivers (there are a total of ~10 drivers per server) to see if this is the solution.

Steve J.

2016年11月22日 20:57
  • We also have exactly the same issue since end of november.

RDS farm in a cloud environment which has a VMWare platform.
    Also the 7011 error messages and all of a sudden a RDS server doesn't respond anymore. Logging in or out is impossible, users have an unresponsive session and the only way to solve this is a hard reset of the RDS server.

We installed 2 new RDS server and within 12 hours the same problem occurs to these servers.

What's happening?

2016年12月6日 10:42
  • I do notice that a lot of the remarks of people having this issue are non-native English. Could it be possible that an additional language pack is causing this issue? Can you try to remove any language pack (or re-install without the language pack) and see if the issue occurs again? 
    2016年12月6日 12:00
  • Hi Willem,

Could be possible, the only thing I can say about that is that we have a couple of other "networks" running at the same cloud-provider with the same specs and RDS 2012 R2 servers running the Dutch Language Pack.

Those servers are not having problems. (yet)

Unfortunately because it's running at a cloudprovider, we don't have eyes on the VM platform.

- No Windows Updates installed recently.
    - No Printer drivers installed or updated recently.
    - The trick to kill the Print Spooler is not working for us. The RDS servers stays unresponsive, untill a reboot.

The only lead we have is that the issues started after problems at the cloud providers VM platform. The servers been moved to a different U-Block and we had to update the VMWare Tools. 
    But... as I said before, we installed 2 new RDS servers in this network yesterday and they have the same issue.

2016年12月6日 12:32
  • We have made some progress in this case.

Because we roll out our servers all in the same way we searched for the differences. The only difference we could find is that we updatet the VMWare Tools on the failing RDS servers.

That's why we sacrificed another RDS servers in a different network and also updatet the VMWare Tools.
    Within half an hour this server went unresponsive the same way as our failing RDS servers.

It looks like it's something in the VMWare Tools. Our cloudprovider is investigating this right now.

2016年12月6日 15:53
  • We downgraded the VMWare Tools on the failing server and untill 16:00 everything went fine.

Unfortunately one of the servers failed again. Same symptoms.

Our cloudprovider sent us a mail 10 minutes before the server went unresponsive with a screenshot of high CPU usage on the VMWare-guest. Weird thing is that we never see this kind of CPU peaks in our Windows Performance.

2016年12月7日 16:01
  • What is the print driver situation? What drivers are loaded? We believe that this was our issue. We had this happen on two of our RDS servers and after pruning back all print drivers so that only 2 were loaded, we have not had the issue for ~2 weeks.

Steve J.

2016年12月7日 16:03
  • Steve,

They haven't got many printers, but the're all old and from different brands, using different drivers.

HP, Konica Minolta and Kyocera.

But...... That was exactly the same before November 22th, when our problem started. No additional printers or drivers have been installed. And the "solution" to kill the spooler when the problem occurs is not a solution for us.
    We really have to reboot and then everything is back to normal.

Everytime we are trying different things, but we have to wait to see if the change will be the solution.

Yesterday I disabled the HP services Pml Driver HPZ12 and Net Driver HPZ12

2016年12月9日 11:01
  • All,

If you are experiencing similar symptoms (black screen, 4005 event, etc.), but may not be using Webroot, please consider installing the November 2016 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 .  It contains a fix for this issue.

Applicable fix description:

"Addressed issue where the Remote Desktop Service gets into a deadlock during virtual channel management and can’t accept new connections. This leads to a black screen or brief window before the client disconnects."

General description of fixes contained in above update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/24717

You can download details regarding the files included in the update here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/D/B/6DBDF0E0-FF0D-45A5-9605-ED14D395662D/3197875.csv

I don't know if the above update will help in cases where Webroot is installed.  Worth a try.

Thanks.

2016年12月13日 15:20
  • Hello,

i have the same issue. What was the solution?

2017年1月20日 13:03
  • Did this solve your issue?

I have unnamed sessions, and RDP doesn't accept any new connections.

• 編集済み jhangoor 2017年1月20日 13:16
    2017年1月20日 13:05
  • Yes, problem is solved.

How? No idea.

My guess is that the cloud-provider did something on their platform. We have no eyes there.

The only thing I know is that we had to install a different version of VMware Tools a couple of times.

2017年1月20日 13:18
  • Thank you!

could you please ask them what did solve this issue? We have the november update installed but we still have this issue.

2017年1月20日 14:57
  • Hi,

I have the same issue.  I'm running 2 server2012r2 VM machines on VMware hosts.  On top runs the Citrix xenapp agent 7.9.

Servers suddenly experienced event 7011 since start of January 2017. This seems to happen at random moments.

Users are unable to connect to the server and running applications freeze.  The only way is to reboot the server to get it working again.I have 2 other 2008r2 server and they are running without any problem.

I thought it was related to Citrix but the Citrix engineer did not find anything. For the moment no solution found.

2017年1月30日 14:14
  • Same issue here, we running Windows2012R2 VM on vmware hosts. On top runs the vWorkspace 8.5 agent. We have this issue on random moments half december. 
    2017年1月31日 12:44
  • Sinds december, we have updated alle windows security patches and vmtools version [10240 (10.0.0)]
    2017年1月31日 12:51
  • I'm sorry jhangoor.

There not saying how they "solved" it, mainly because they don't admit that it has been a problem on their side.

2017年1月31日 13:15
  • Did you ever find a resolution? For us either some Windows update or I believe eliminating a couple of HP and Ricoh drivers seemed to fix the issue.

Steve J.

2017年1月31日 14:24
  • No i didn't solve it. It's not everyday it, is ones a week on one server in a farm of 20 servers
    2017年3月6日 9:31
  • We have an RDS server that started exhibiting the same behavior at the start of 2017. No printers have been added or removed. Any chance this has to do with some sort of telemetry that MS has setup in 2012R2. No issues for years.

Evid 7011

UmRDP Service
    iphlpsvc
    NlaSvc
    SessionEnv Service

No spooler service in the errors.

Sandeep Luthra luthratech.com

2017年3月7日 23:43
  • I've got the same problem. First i though it had something to do with the printerdrivers wich i wasn't able to install correctely. But the error doesn't dissapear after i installed the servers with a fresh image. Now I'll try to disable the device redirection (printers/smartcards), via GPO, only the clipboard is allowed. May that one help us out.
    2017年3月17日 8:32
  • https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3132080/the-logon-process-hangs-at-the-welcome-screen-or-the-please-wait-for-the-user-profile-service-error-message-window#!en-us%2Fhelp%2F3132080%2Fthe-logon-process-hangs-at-the-welcome-screen-or-the-please-wait-for-the-user-profile-service-error-message-window
    2017年3月23日 9:53
  • https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3132080/the-logon-process-hangs-at-the-welcome-screen-or-the-please-wait-for-the-user-profile-service-error-message-window#!en-us%2Fhelp%2F3132080%2Fthe-logon-process-hangs-at-the-welcome-screen-or-the-please-wait-for-the-user-profile-service-error-message-window

Try this MS KB 3132080 to resolve this problem . I had tried on my win2012 server running on top of Hyper-V.

Xenapp 7.6 running on win 2012 and stuck at welcome screen on server ...

When i installed  above KB  that got resolved so try this from you are end as well

2017年3月23日 9:58
  • After applying the above KB- 3132080  Still getting the following errors in system logs

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Netman service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the AudioEndPointBuilder service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WPDBusEnum service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NlaSvc service.

The Portable Device Enumerator Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Can someone suggest further 

Rakesh

2017年5月2日 7:26
  • Hello, I've disabled the redirection of all local resources. We use a lot of ThinClients. Since then i didn't had a problem with this. May this is an option for you. 

2017年5月2日 8:26
  • After applying the above KB- 3132080  Still getting the following errors in system logs

Can someone suggest further 

Rakesh

Same issue here. Anybody found a solution?
    2017年9月21日 6:48
  • Hi all,

Experiencing the same problem everyone else mentioned. 

- Server 2012 R2
    - Dutch Language
    - VMWare Tools 10.0.0.3000743

After a forced reboot, the problem is gone for a few days. 

I do not think it's printer-driver related. Even printer redirection is disabled. 

The KB 3132080 was already installed. Server is almost up to date with the latest Windows Updates (only 2 optional updates are missing: KB4038774, KB3186606). Still the problem occur. 

Anything else we can try to solve this issue. 

• 編集済み CreatoX 2018年3月21日 8:11
    2017年9月25日 11:10
  • Hi all,

- Server 2012 R2
    - Dutch Language
    - VMWare Tools 10.0.0.3000743

After a forced reboot, the problem is gone for a few days. 

I do not think it's printer-driver related. Even printer redirection is disabled. 

The KB 3132080 was already installed. Server is almost up to date with the latest Windows Updates (only 2 optional updates are missing: KB4038774, KB3186606). Still the problem occur. 

Anything else we can try to solve this issue. 

Extra information:

+1 does someone have the solution for this problem?

Also a Dutch windows version...

• 編集済み Xelvin 2017年12月4日 8:42
    2017年12月4日 8:40
  • Hi,

having the same  issue, but i have physical server HP proliant g9 with windows server 2012 r2 installed. Getting time outs for various services and during that time server gets freeze and server needs to be restarted (hard reset). Server is cluster node which is hosting only SQL server, so i think it's  general windows server 2012 r2 bug  and not related to a specific service...

2018年1月9日 11:01
  • I was having similiar issues UmRDP services timeout, along with a few other errors. Symptoms of locking up and freezing even though they had lots of resources available still. I ran the scf /scannow, it found the corrupted system files. It wasn't able to repair, but ran DISM.exe from windows and fixed it up. Haven't had many issues since this. I hope this helps point some people in the right direction. 
    2018年2月28日 15:44
  • Hi all,

- Server 2012 R2
    - Dutch Language

After a forced reboot, the problem is gone for a few hours. sfc /scannow didn't solved it, also the DISM.exe didn't solve it. That command was also suggested by Microsoft.

Any other suggestions?

2018年3月20日 10:23
  • Hi @All

we are facing the same issues on 15 RDS Servers on 2012R2 in different farms, some with UPD and some other with User Profile Folders. The problems startet on March 15th at about noon. Nothing special was done that day.

We tried to roll-back VMWare-Tools from 10.2.0 to 10.1.15, changed hosts, rolled back tha latest windows updates.

At the moment we tried to deactivate the redirections in the farms.

It normaly starts with services getting unresponsive for 60 Seconds, usually the iphlpsvc and then the other mentioned services follow up.

Our language pack is German.

Any ideas on this?

2018年3月20日 13:39
  • Hi,

we also have this issue on several 2012 R2 Terminalservers hosted on HyperV since last week (march 15th), so I assume it has something to do with patchday on march 13th...

Regards
    Miranda

2018年3月20日 14:40
  • Hi,

i've got the same issue on 2 Server 2012R2 on Hyper-V since ive done MS Updates on 13.03. Ill uninstall them now to see if its getting better. 

Ive Seperated the svchosts (using sc...) processes where the Services are working in but the issue dont get away...

sc config UmRdpService type= own
    sc config ShellHWDetection type= own
    sc config SessionEnv type= own
    sc config NlaSvc type= own
    sc config CryptSvc type= own
    sc config AeLookupSvc type= own
    sc config iphlpsvc type= own
    sc config Schedule type= own 
    sc config CertPropSvc type= own 

2018年3月20日 17:36
  • since I've uninstalled KB4088876 and KB4072650 it didn't happen again.
    I'll give an update later today...
    2018年3月21日 7:59
  • Our uninstallation was a bit tricky because of some issues with the network discovery service after the reboot, but now our servers are back online and until now (12 hours so far) no error occured.

I'll keep you informed, usually the errors start at about lunchtime.

2018年3月21日 8:10
  • For now, everything is fine.

All RDS-Servers are running great and nothing freezed.

I think the uninstallation of KB4088876 and KB4088879 did the trick.

If there is something new I will report.

2018年3月21日 13:34
  • We are having the same issue.

KB4088876 - once this was removed it remains stable again

any word from MS?

• 編集済み Gary_m_uk 2018年3月23日 14:44
    2018年3月22日 12:04
  • Hi,

After uninstalling KB4088876, one of our RDS servers had the same issue again.

Any suggestion?

2018年3月24日 19:07
  • Possible Resolution, I wasnt try it now.

KB4088882

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4088882/windows-81-update-kb4088882

- Addresses issue where server logons become unresponsive because of an unreleased SRW lock.

• 編集済み Nobody22 2018年3月27日 11:22
    2018年3月27日 11:21
  • We have the same issue since KB4088876 was installed. We'll try to uninstall and check.
    2018年3月28日 16:13
  • We have in our RDS environment the same issue. Tonight I've installed the KB4088882 update on both RDS-servers.

I'll test this for a couple of days to check if the problem is solved.

We are discussing the problems with update KB4088876 also in this topic: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5fa1e5cf-7ca1-4591-9a4d-126b233c58d7/taskbar-unresponsive-in-rdp-sessions-to-server-2012r2-server-farm?forum=winRDc

This morning there where no issues when the users are logging in. So I'am positive for now:)

I will let you know.

Sincerely, Martien van Dijk. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Check out My Blog!

2018年3月29日 6:48
  • We have the same issue. The Installation of KB4088882  was not the solution. The same Errors here! :-/

Regards

Martin

2018年3月29日 9:26
  • The installation of KB4088882 is not the solution here. We still having the A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the (name-of-service) service problem on our RDS environment. This issue only persist on the RD Sessions Hosts.

I am still troubleshooting this issue further. ANy suggestions will be appreciated.

Sincerely, Martien van Dijk. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Check out My Blog!

2018年3月30日 19:15
  • Confirmed, uninstall KB4088876 was the solution for us. Before of that we have the problem everyday, since uninstalled we have a week without problems.
    2018年4月3日 9:52
  • Confirmed, uninstall KB4088876 was also the solution for us. Our Remote Desktop servers are running on 2012 R2 ( Dutch version ) 
    2018年4月4日 14:35
  • Hi I had the same issue,

I uninstall KB4088882 and then KB4088876 installed on reboot.

I uninstalled KB4088876

rebooted

then hid both KB's

All working again now

2018年4月9日 5:23
  • We had the same problem. Our RDS servers would become unresponsive. Could not log in via RDP or from the HyperV console. Had to power cycle them. Then they would be OK for a while, before hanging up again.
    Uninstalling KB4088876 solved the issue.
    Several days ago we re-applied KB4088876 + KB4088882. And things have been stable so far.
    2018年4月9日 18:54
  • Confirmed, uninstall KB4088876 was also the solution for us. Our Remote Desktop servers are running on 2012 R2 ( Dutch version ) 

Same problem for Windows Server 2016. No solution yet.

I'm trying to remove KB408889 and KB4089510. Keep you up to date.

( Event viewer: 7100 Fault, timeout 30000 milliseconds was reached. ) 

2018年4月10日 14:53
  • Thanks to everybody contributing to this thread. It helped us a lot to troubleshoot. We had multiple affected 2016 servers.

Only uninstall of KB4088787 resolved the issue.

We also tried installing KB4088889 and KB4096309 - didn't help.

To anybody running 2016: If you got KB4088889 installed, you cannot uninstall KB4088787 (not shown in Control Panel/Installed updates), but need to uninstall KB4088889 first.

We also had an affected 2012R2 RDS server, uninstalled KB4088876 and are hoping for the best now.

2018年4月10日 15:51
  • Thanks for updating this thread.

After removing KB408889 en KB4088787 resolved my issue for so far.

2018年4月10日 18:19
  • Hi guys,

In our situation, I have done as followed:

1. First removed KBKB4088882, from the both RDS servers.
    2. Reboot the servers.
    3. Removed KB4088876 from the both RDS servers.
    4. Reboot the servers

For now it seems the problem is fixed. I see the removal of these updates as a workaround an not an permanent solution.

I will monitor the Microsoft updates for a permanent solution in the near future.

2018年4月11日 8:19
  • We're having the same issues on our 4 Server 2012R2 RDS servers. Followed the advice removing the updates, but we're still seeing the problem. After the servers have been rebooted they last about half an hour before breaking again.
    2018年4月16日 14:20
  • Thanks to everybody contributing to this thread. It helped us a lot to troubleshoot. We had multiple affected 2016 servers.

Only uninstall of KB4088787 resolved the issue.

We also tried installing KB4088889 and KB4096309 - didn't help.

To anybody running 2016: If you got KB4088889 installed, you cannot uninstall KB4088787 (not shown in Control Panel/Installed updates), but need to uninstall KB4088889 first.

We also had an affected 2012R2 RDS server, uninstalled KB4088876 and are hoping for the best now.

I tried looking for the KBs mentioned, but we dont have either KB installed, yet experiencing the same situation. Any ideas?
    2018年4月17日 16:57
  • After hours of googling I found this topic and seems like I have the same problem. 

A cluster of 7 x server 2012R2 with 1 connection broker and 6 RDS host servers.  The last couple of weeks I notice that almost daily 1 server becomes unresponsive with the 7011 error's below.  The RDS cluster has been up and running since 2015. 

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the iphlpsvc service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NlaSvc service.

Update KB4088876 is installed on the host servers.   I just checked the changes in KB4093114 and the fix "Addresses issue where server logons become unresponsive because of an unreleased SRW lock." added in the preview KB4088882 is not applied anymore in the final monthly update. 

Is the problem solved by removing KB4088876?  Is the problem fixed by installing KB4088882 or KB4093114?

2018年4月19日 13:53
  • Hi ,

Have the same problem started two months ago sense April

RDS 2012R2 farm with 8 rds servers, 2 brokers and 2 DC ,all virtual hosted into VMware ESXi 6.0 .

using roaming profiles and folder redirections

exactly same problems,services terminates and rds sessions randomly unable to logoff and only rebooting the server solves the problem until next day.

I've removed all mentioned updates but still having the problem .

any advice?

2018年7月2日 12:03
  • We also have the same problem.  RDS 2012R2 farm with 10 RDS servers, brokers, and DCs virtual hosted into VMWare ESXi 6.5

exactly same problems, and the servers are 100% updated.  KB4088882 and KB4088876 are not installed, but every few weeks we will have an issue with one and start getting 7011 errors - "A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UmRdpService service, or from the Spooler/Netman services,

Any other ideas?

Dave

2018年9月17日 15:51
  • Hi Dave, did you found a solution?

Same problem here since last Operating System Updates.

2018年11月21日 18:15
  • Also plauged by this, only RDS session host servers. Any ideas?
    2018年11月22日 10:41
  • Edit (or Add) the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    Dword value: ServicesPipeTimeout=60000(Dec)

This workaround may resolve the problem where the service does not start

2019年3月18日 13:32
  • I have been tearing my hair out with the exact same issue for over a month. Touch wood I found the issue and resolution

I posted here, but in summary it ended up being to do with Adobe Reader DC and the Security AppContainer (Sandbox) in conjunction with saving a pdf to local redirected c drive:

A user opens a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Our Version 19.010.20098) in an RDS Session and then goes to file-save to local C Drive \\tsclient\C\). This results in a weird error followed by a 0kb file on the local pc. Then upon trying to open the PDF locally, you get an error that the file is in use by rdp. If you then log out of the Session Host, 7011's start to appear (takes a few minutes) eventually ending in a complete server crash. This is re-creatable every time. I think the log out bit is important in recreating it and explains why we experienced the server crashes towards the end of the day.

The Adobe setting that fixes this is to turn off "Run in AppContainer" in the Security tab or dword via GP:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\bEnableProtectedModeAppContainer 0

A quick read on bEnableProtectedModeAppContainer is that its some sort of sandbox that evidently has caused our RDS servers to 'flip out'!

Note: I also turned off Protected mode for good measure

I hope this helps someone as I ended up troubleshooting our environment top to bottom to find the cause

• 回答の候補に設定 Jrunnah 2019年3月29日 16:33
    2019年3月20日 22:37
  • Give this guy 1 million points!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have been troubleshooting for over a month!
    2019年3月29日 16:33
  • Hi everybody

Same Issue here with 2012 R2 RDS

Regards

Cedric

Cedric Beaumois

2019年4月2日 16:00
  • I was in a similar boat. Symptoms started a week after windows updates and was convinced it was to blame. An update to acrobat must have enabled this dormant feature and wreaked havoc for several weeks. I've disabled AppContainer and have been trouble free for days (was occurring at least daily)
    2019年4月15日 19:02
  • Same issue on RDS Server 2016. most of the apps go to Not responding. 

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Audiosrv service.

2019年4月16日 18:19
  • Thanks worked for me.

2019年4月26日 14:20
  • You are a legend! Thank you so much! This has been chewing one of our servers up for a week or so.
    2019年5月10日 20:29
  • Can Confirm this also worked for us.
    2019年5月28日 7:56
  • Same issue for us using RDS 2012r2 running on VMware 6.5u2. We checked and verified that Adobe did not have that option enabled. But still same issue. RDS Server runs for a day or two and then randomly hangs and VM has to be hard reset. Seeing NLAsvc, Cryptsvc, ShellHWDetection services all fail due to timeout 30000 ms? Anyone having the same issue?

2019年7月31日 17:15
  • Same issue for us using RDS 2008R2 running on hardware server after some users logoff.

The resolution was to delete problem user's profiles and to recreate profiles.

Thanks.

2019年10月16日 2:39
  • Same issue on RDS Server 2012R2. most of the apps go to Not responding. 

A timeout (60000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the UmRdpService service.

CryptSvc and other.

Delete Adobe Reader DC from server!

2020年5月20日 14:57