none
What is the Most Effective WSUS Setup for Production Environment?

Domanda

• Windows update service has been run on our network. We use WSUS and SCCM for Automatic Windows Update. Everything working fine but we have face big technical issues when install windows update. Specially we have many inhouse developed softwares. After windows installation, we face many issues on these programs. Inhouse programme failures, Printer/Network/ or hardware drivers failures, Protocols Related issues are examples for technical failures. I want to know, if there is any way test windows update before install to computers? How avoid or reduce these kind of technical failures? I hope you understand my issue

Thank you.

giovedì 14 giugno 2018 05:56

Tutte le risposte

• Hi AGRPK,

Based on our team discussion, for your specific production environment, the methods as below are most suitable and meet your requirement:

1. Prepare 2-3 test PCs with different system version, and install your own software.
    2. Install the updates on these PCs and monitor for some days.
    3. If everything works fine, you can install the updates on your production machines.

Hope the above information helps.

Best Regards

Tina Cao

========================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    giovedì 14 giugno 2018 09:38