none
Cannot install "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol" in Windows Server 2016

Domanda

• Hi all;

I accidentally uninstalled the "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol" from on of the NIC. Now When I want to install it again, the following error message appears:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

lunedì 29 maggio 2017 20:11

Tutte le risposte

• Might try removing the adapter from device manager, reboot and let it be rediscovered / reinstalled.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

lunedì 29 maggio 2017 21:09
  • Thanks for your reply. I did that solution, but without any success. I think, this is a bug!

P.S. I tested this situation with a Windows 10 (1703), with a similar result.

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mercoledì 31 maggio 2017 11:41
  • . I think, this is a bug!

You can provide feedback over here on uservoice.

https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295047-general-feedback

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

mercoledì 31 maggio 2017 12:20
  • Thanks for your reply. I did that solution, but without any success. I think, this is a bug!

P.S. I tested this situation with a Windows 10 (1703), with a similar result.

Hi, 

Did you ever resolve this? I am currently experiencing the same issue on a 2016 server. 

Thanks,

venerdì 13 luglio 2018 23:14
  • Download driver from manufacturer website then uninstall and reinstall the driver
    sabato 14 luglio 2018 15:56
  • Unfortunately, two problems with that. One, the manufacturer doesn't support a driver for 2016. Two, I tried reinstalling the driver that is found by Microsoft and that did not work. I have also tried to uninstall, reboot and then reinstall the NIC's with no success.  
    • Modificato nightman78 lunedì 16 luglio 2018 16:27
    lunedì 16 luglio 2018 16:27
  • the manufacturer doesn't support a driver for 2016. 

Then you may be out of luck. You can try installing the manufacturer latest ROM bios, firmware, chipset and driver support pack (windows 10) but the vetting of all components is left to the end user.

lunedì 16 luglio 2018 16:33
  • nightman78

If your server isn't in production, install a lower version of windows server supported by hardware manufacturer, install drivers then update to the 2016 version.

mercoledì 18 luglio 2018 10:32