none
Unable to connect to a Samba Server with Windows XP RRS feed

• Discussione generale

• Good Morning, 

one of my customers have a Linux Fedora Server with 3 Windows XP clients, until friday 09th March 2012 the connections worked good.

Today he cannot reach the server via the Samba connections. But the others connections like telnet works fine. 

When he tries to open a connection or write down into the execute dialog the following line:

\\192.100.12.71

He receive the alert that the server cannot be reached because there are no permissions. But nothing has changed on the server side (it uses SHARE for security). 

He told me that friday has made some windows update and then he got the alert.

How i can solve the problem? You need some other info?

Thanks in advance,

Roberto S.

lunedì 12 marzo 2012 11:19

Tutte le risposte

• Good Morning, 

one of my customers have a Linux Fedora Server with 3 Windows XP clients, until friday 09th March 2012 the connections worked good.

Today he cannot reach the server via the Samba connections. But the others connections like telnet works fine. 

When he tries to open a connection or write down into the execute dialog the following line:

\\192.100.12.71

He receive the alert that the server cannot be reached because there are no permissions. But nothing has changed on the server side (it uses SHARE for security). 

He told me that friday has made some windows update and then he got the alert.

How i can solve the problem? You need some other info?

Thanks in advance,

Roberto S.

Roberto Scarciello

lunedì 12 marzo 2012 11:30