none
Error 0x0002397 when running Import-DfsrClone on Server 2016

Domanda

• I am receiving an error 0x0002397 when importing DFSR database on server 2016.

Import-DfsrClone : Could not import the database clone. Error code: 0x00002397
    At line:1 char:1
    + Import-DfsrClone -Volume D: -Path C:\Users\*******\Desktop\Dfsr ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (D:\:String) [Import-DfsrClone], DfsrException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Import-DfsrClone.ImportDBCloneMethodFailed,Microsoft.DistributedFileSystemReplication.Co
       mmands.ImportDfsrCloneCommand

In the event log I get event 2414 with:

The DFS Replication service failed to import a cloned database.

Additional Information:
    Error: 9111 (MSXML.DLL is not installed)
    Volume: D:\
    Volume GUID: FAF54216-6277-43E8-84C0-FA89986DD241
    Source Path:C:\Users\*********\Desktop\Dfsrclone\

I can confirm MSXML 3 and 6 are installed and registered.

Anyone able to help?

lunedì 11 giugno 2018 12:47

Risposte

• Thanks both for the replies.

I managed to solve the issue.

I realised I was trying to import the DB from my desktop which apparently is an unsupported path.  I had to create a folder in the root of the volume eg.  D:\DFSR\   then import the database from there.

The error message of Error: 9111 (MSXML.DLL is not installed) is very misleading.

Thanks

James

• Contrassegnato come risposta 303SYNAPSE martedì 12 giugno 2018 09:28
    martedì 12 giugno 2018 09:28

Tutte le risposte

• The May cumulative update appears to be the cause - removing KB4103720 allowed me to import my clone. 
    lunedì 11 giugno 2018 18:28
  • Hi,

Please also run chckdisk

For now, I couldn't find more explanation from Microsoft about error code  0x0002397

May I ask is there another server 2016 in the environment. If you try to import that, same results?

In addition, please also run sfc /scannow on the server, to check if there's file corruption for Windows system file

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

martedì 12 giugno 2018 06:34
    Moderatore
  • Thanks both for the replies.

I managed to solve the issue.

I realised I was trying to import the DB from my desktop which apparently is an unsupported path.  I had to create a folder in the root of the volume eg.  D:\DFSR\   then import the database from there.

The error message of Error: 9111 (MSXML.DLL is not installed) is very misleading.

Thanks

James

• Contrassegnato come risposta 303SYNAPSE martedì 12 giugno 2018 09:28
    martedì 12 giugno 2018 09:28