How to tell difference between Windows 10 LTSC 2019 and Windows 10 IoT LTSC 2019 RRS feed

• Domanda

• For some testing needs, I loaded up 2 different computers today. One was with the Windows 10 LTSC 2019 ISO and the other was with the Windows 10 IoT LTSC 2019 ISO.

On TechNet, there are 2 different ISOs.

Looking at each computer using WinVer and msinfo32, everything looks exactly the same.

How can I tell for sure that the OS loaded from the IoT ISO is correct?

giovedì 12 settembre 2019 17:58

Tutte le risposte

• Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers enterprise manageability and security to IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise shares all the benefits of the world-wide Windows ecosystem. It is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise, so you can use the same familiar development and management tools as client PCs and laptops. However, when it comes to licensing and distribution, the desktop version and IoT versions differ. Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise offers both Long-term Servicing Channel (LTSC) and Semi-Annual Channel (SAC) options. OEMs can choose the version they require for their devices.

Ref:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/windows-iot-enterprise

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

venerdì 13 settembre 2019 00:33
  • Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. The IoT is just a marketing spin to align with IoT Mobile and IoT Core.

So, Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC VS Windows 10 ioT Enterprise 2019 LTSC, no difference. The Enterprise version is for general user, the IoT one is mainly target for developers and for IoT devices.

For more detailed information, you can refer to below article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/windows-iot-enterprise

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

venerdì 13 settembre 2019 02:02
  • I suspected that LTSC and IoT were the same thing.

But... I would have expected an OS load from the IoT ISO would have changed the description of the operating system to say IoT somewhere. I mean, the identifications of both of these installs are identical.

venerdì 13 settembre 2019 12:57
  • Your understanding is correct. Just try it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lunedì 7 ottobre 2019 08:32