none
I get a runtime error while installing the VCREDIST_X86_2005_SU.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I get "Error : 1316.A network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:\TEMP\IXP001.TMP\CP0000328.msi" while installing the VC++ redistributable.

Is this known to any of you, please let me know how to fix it.

If there is a solution on some forum, please direct me to that link.

Some one is intrested in solving this problem, please let me know what else do you need to understand the problem.

Please give me a possible solution, as i need it ASAP.

-Abhai

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:12 AM

Answers

• Sorry, but that question really doesn't fall into the IT Management category.  It's too specific. 

I suggest you try asking it in one of the MSDN forums; perhaps one discussing VC++.

Sorry we can't help you more here.  Best of luck.

Kevin

Kevin Remde US DPE - IT Evangelism - Microsoft Corporation http://blogs.technet.com/kevinremde http://twitter.com/kevinremde

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:49 PM
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:49 PM

All replies

• Sorry, but that question really doesn't fall into the IT Management category.  It's too specific. 

I suggest you try asking it in one of the MSDN forums; perhaps one discussing VC++.

Sorry we can't help you more here.  Best of luck.

Kevin

Kevin Remde US DPE - IT Evangelism - Microsoft Corporation http://blogs.technet.com/kevinremde http://twitter.com/kevinremde

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:49 PM
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Hi Dude,

Please follow the below steps.

[Be careful when you deleting any registry key. Your system may crashed if you delete or modify wrong registry key. Please follow technet to know about registry backup.

1. Go to run and type regedit, at regedit window go to edit then find and type IXP000.TMP and click on "Find Next"

2. It will Search entire registry and please delete entire Hive if you it find under below registry.

a. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\(hive with alpha numaric valu, see belwo exmp)

(examp: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\b25099274a207264182f8181add555d0 if you found IXP00.TMP under this hive then only delete "b25099274a207264182f8181add555d0", the last alpha numaric hive may be diff for your box, you can check product name key under this alpha numaric hive whether it "="Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" or not (ProductName"="Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable") Be careful when you delete registry key, please do not delete entire "Products". Before deleting right click on it and select export and save this hive backup any location on your system )

b..HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\}

(examp: "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{7299052b-02a4-4627-81f2-1818da5d550d}]" if you found IXP00.TMP under this hive then only delete "b25099274a207264182f8181add555d0" the last alpha numeric hive may be diff for your box, you can check "DisplayName" under this alpha numeric hive whether it "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" or not (ProductName"="Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable") Be careful when you delete registry key, please do not delete entire "Products". Before deleting right click on it and select export and save this hive backup any location on your system )

c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\

(examp: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\b25099274a207264182f8181add555d0"if you found IXP00.TMP under this hive then only delete "b25099274a207264182f8181add555d0" the last alpha numeric hive may be diff for your box, you can check "DisplayName" under this alpha numeric hive whether it "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" or not (ProductName"="Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable") Be careful when you delete registry key, please do not delete entire "Products". Before deleting right click on it and select export and save this hive backup any location on your system )

3. Reboot your box and run installer again, it will work. Please let us know if you found any issue.

Saturday, June 21, 2014 11:05 PM