Inbox not updating in outlook 2016. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing issue in outlook 2016, IMAP has been configured. 

Inbox is not updating but I can see the sent items. 

In OWA it works fine. Please suggest.

Thanks

ShabazAhmedRx

Friday, July 17, 2020 7:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Shabaz ,

>> Inbox is not updating but I can see the sent items. 
    Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? Can inbox items be synced normally before?

>> In OWA it works fine. 
    According to your description, it seems that the issue is related to your Outlook client. I did some research about your issue and found some similar threads, IMAP Root folder could help modify the structure of your mailbox in Outlook client and re-sync the mailbox. Please try to set Inbox as Root folder path like below, wait for synchronization to complete, and then remove the Root folder path you set to see if it works.(File>Account Settings>Account Settings>Double click your email account)

Besides, if the send/receive file (.srs) of your account is corrupted, it will cause issues like this. Please delete the .srs file and restart outlook client to test. 
    Location of the .srs file:   drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook.

A corrupted profile can lead this issue, if the issue still continues, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 20, 2020 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Shabaz ,

>> Inbox is not updating but I can see the sent items. 
    Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? Can inbox items be synced normally before?

>> In OWA it works fine. 
    According to your description, it seems that the issue is related to your Outlook client. I did some research about your issue and found some similar threads, IMAP Root folder could help modify the structure of your mailbox in Outlook client and re-sync the mailbox. Please try to set Inbox as Root folder path like below, wait for synchronization to complete, and then remove the Root folder path you set to see if it works.(File>Account Settings>Account Settings>Double click your email account)

Besides, if the send/receive file (.srs) of your account is corrupted, it will cause issues like this. Please delete the .srs file and restart outlook client to test. 
    Location of the .srs file:   drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook.

A corrupted profile can lead this issue, if the issue still continues, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Monday, July 20, 2020 3:03 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your answer.

set Inbox as Root folder path

Worked for me.

ShabazAhmedRx

Thursday, July 23, 2020 10:07 AM