Sharepoint Do Calculation workflow errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Im facing a very odd and crazy issue. i have approval process and if someone rejects the document revision is changed from 0 to 1 and so on.
    im using do calculation which takes current revision + 1 and sets it to variable Calc
    then i update field revision number to variable calc

Everything works fine. Then i try to run the workflow next day and it crashjes at the calculation step and needs to be recompiled for it to work.
    Im desperate to figure out why it does this. Can someone help me please!?

Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for the response. The issue seems to be resolved, but it came like this:
    1. i used approval process for 4 user selection this means the workflow had 4x same process with different user.

2. I copied the do calculation field with other rejection parameters to all 4 signers and it seems every time i copied the do calculation it produced the error

NB! the revision column is a regular text column

3. Then if i went over the do calculation it worked until something was changed in workflow again

4. it seems i was able to fix the issue if i had a different variable for all the calculations (it seems designer dident like if i was using same variable for all calculations which is weird to me).

Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Fazzzer,

According to your description, the workflow crashed at the calculation step.

I’m not able to reproduce your issue. Please provide some screenshots about your workflow.

How did you trigger the workflow? What’s the type of the “revision” column? Is it a custom column?

In addition, please check ULS logs to find more details:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:22 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the response. The issue seems to be resolved, but it came like this:
    1. i used approval process for 4 user selection this means the workflow had 4x same process with different user.

2. I copied the do calculation field with other rejection parameters to all 4 signers and it seems every time i copied the do calculation it produced the error

NB! the revision column is a regular text column

3. Then if i went over the do calculation it worked until something was changed in workflow again

4. it seems i was able to fix the issue if i had a different variable for all the calculations (it seems designer dident like if i was using same variable for all calculations which is weird to me).

Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:50 AM