none
Msn.com network bug.

質問

• I am using Windows7  & internet explorer11.  The MSN.com works good, but hangs freqently "msn.com not responding" Option to recover the webpage; which works. But new problem as of June 2018. I have tried multiple things with my desktop, but no help. No viruses, adware, etc. I reset internet explorer, etc & even reinstalled the IE-11. Finally I did Ping on the Msn.com as well as TRaceRT on it  The trace goes well for the first 8 or 10 hops, but then just times-out for the last 20 or so.  Is it possible that the internet routing has a problem? Is there an alternate MSN address besides the MSN.COM or MSN.NET that is appropriate to use with the Microsoft Browser?  I have tried the Firefox browser and have no problem; However that does not use the Msn.com address. I definitely prefer the genuine Microsoft Msn browser.

William

2018年6月29日 5:30

すべての返信

• I shall suggest you to clear cache and history of Internet Explorer. If required you may need to Reset IE.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

2018年7月1日 1:15
  • Hi William,

Clear the IE cache and add Msn.com into trusted sites.

Run network troubleshooter.

press Windows+R on the keyboard to open the Run window. Type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press Enter.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年7月2日 7:51
    モデレータ
  • Thank you for your great ideas. I cleared all cache & all temporary internet files, etc. I also did the reset 2 times; 1st using the general option & 2nd time I checked reset + reset all personal options. However, the problem still exists intermittently. I have learned additional info, as I substituted the homepage "Yahoo.com" & initially it did not fail, but later I had several failures with the Yahoo.com also. I have used both MSN & Yahoo homepages with Firefox & have not seen a failure as yet.

2018年7月4日 20:35
  • OOPS. I guess I replied to your post incorrectly. I am sorry as I replied under the original post instead of posting my reply here.
    2018年7月4日 20:38
  • Thank you for your great ideas.  I did clear Cache & added MSN.com to my trusted sites as you suggested.

I also ran the network troubleshooter & it did not find anything. I also did  the other procedure where I entered the command "netshint ip reset resetlog.txt" . But nothing has worked so far.  I am now definitely in agreement now that the problem seems to lie with the Internet Explorer11. But I have done additional work on that as I picked up a new IP address. backed off internet explorer11(10 also failed). I now have run the disk driver checker(complete), ran the SFC on windows hoping to find a corrupted file in the internet explorer, but ran clean. Today I even swapped out the Ethernet card, but no help. I found a old tip suggesting I check the event log & found some 1002 errors, but discarded that because they only happened after I responded to the hang condition with the "recover the web page" option; no events happened as a result of the hang itself. the problem seems to happen when I scroll through the news stories on the homepage & several times I got error screen "This page is not available right now", retry does not work, but if I get back to the homepage & try again, it works.

2018年7月4日 21:02
  • Very strange.

Your troubleshooting thread is ok, what I can consider more is using a new DNS, such as 8.8.4.4

Besides, you may create a new account for test, user profile issue can also lead to hang.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年7月5日 1:31
    モデレータ