MIM 2016 GAL Sync - Contacts not created RRS feed

• 質問

• Hi.

I'm working with MIM 2016 in a lab environment. 

I'm probably missing a step, but I can't seem to get MIM 2016 to create contacts in the OUs of each domain. I have two untrusted domains, contoso and wingtoys. I setup MIM in contoso and created a managment agent for both domains. I ran full import and sync, and I ran export.

When I check Metaverse Search in MIM, I see all the email accounts from both domains, but these are not showing up in AD as contacts, or in the Exhange Address book. What do I need to do to get these into AD?

2018年5月29日 18:30

回答

• You've configured rules extensions for MAs but not provisioning.

In Tools->Options please check Enable metaverse rules extensions, select the provisioning DLL file and make sure you'd tick "Enable Provisioning Rules Extensions"

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

2018年5月29日 20:06

すべての返信

• Have you provided any kind of provisioning rules? It should be done by code (DLL in Extensions directory) as you've not mentioned Service/Portal part. Have you selected suitable DLL in options? Have you enabled code provisioning in options?

It's hard to say where it is missing but from what you say, Provisioning is missing - the question is if it is missing from code or from options.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

2018年5月29日 19:46
  • For each managment agent, under "Configure Extensions" I selected GALSync.dll for the Rules extension name.

For the "Provision for" drop down, I selected Exchange 2010 (but my lab is running Exchange 2016 in both domains)

In the Exchange 2010 RPS URI, I added the address for the exchange server.  I did this for both MAs.

For example, for Wingtoys, the URI is: http://wingtoyex1601.office.wingtoys.com/powershell

When I browse to this from the MIM server, I just get a blank page. 

I added a new user as a test, ran a full sync/import, then export and I see the new user under "Updates" for Export statistics. Nothing showed up in AD though. 

I don't see code provisioning under Tools->options, where should I look?

2018年5月29日 20:01
  • You've configured rules extensions for MAs but not provisioning.

In Tools->Options please check Enable metaverse rules extensions, select the provisioning DLL file and make sure you'd tick "Enable Provisioning Rules Extensions"

2018年5月29日 20:06
  • Under Tools->Options:

"Enable metaverse rules extension" was already checked, and GALSync.dll was in the Rules extension name box.

"Enable Provisioning Rules Extension" was unchecked, but I just checked it.

Edit: I see contacts in both ADs now.. seems to be working. Thanks a lot.

2018年5月29日 20:18
  • During Run-Export one should also check for an actual task status.
    It might be "Stopped-DLL-Exception" with Codes 0 and 6803 in Windows Event log.

According to this TroubleShooting guide:
    blogs.technet.microsoft.com/iamsupport/2016/08/26/support-tip-galsync-information

You might have to add SPN record HTTP/yourExchangeCAS_FQDN for WinRM to succeed.

• 回答の候補に設定 Fedor T 2019年12月19日 13:12
    • 編集済み Fedor T 2019年12月19日 13:12
    2019年12月19日 13:12