none
After May 10th Windows Update Windows Firewall is blocking Quickbooks

質問

• I tried posting on the Intuit forum which is a waste of time so far. They read file paths and names as "posting personal information or credit card numbers" so it is hard to ask for help when I cannot explain in detail all that has been tried so far. I get carbon copy macro type responses that to me show they did not read what i posted. On my own, out of desperation, I found one thread there talking about Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2 where you have to turn off Base Filtering Engine. IF I turn off Windows Firewall and then turn off Base Filtering Engine, then the Windows Firewall stops blocking access, and I can log in to the company file hosted on this computer, from the other one on  the network. There are only two computers on the network, this one where the file is hosted running Windows 7 Pro, and the other running Windows 7 home. We upgraded to Quickbooks Pro 2018 about 10 days ago, and it went fine, not one problem. May 9th we had no trouble connecting to the company file. Windows updated May 10th, and on May 11th, this problem started. Quickbooks has a nice long list of files to grant access on specific ports, and I have manually entered them more than once, starting over, to try and fix this with no luck. They were all there already, so it seemed pointless, but I tried anyway, deleting the rules, and entering them again. I even went so far as to uninstall the Windows Update KB4096418, and it made no difference. Looking now I see yesterday it installed KB4054852 both .NET Framework 4.7.1 (2) updates.

Windows Firewall on:

QuickBooks 2018 Server Running...
    +Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks
    Network Diagnostics: Failed. Resolve errors and Retry!!

Turned Windows Firewall off and:

QuickBooks 2018 Server Running...
    +Windows firewall: Disabled exceptions not defined
    Network Diagnostics: Failed. Resolve errors and Retry!!

Turned off windows Firewall and then BFE and it works fine.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

~Chuck

2018年5月15日 20:18

すべての返信

• After looking more, I see two more updates under Windows (496)
    Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB 4103718)
    Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4095874)
    BOTH installed on May 10th as well. For some reason I did not see them when I looked last week. Just wanted to add this additional info.

~Chuck

2018年5月15日 20:39
  • Hi,

May be there is something incompatibility with the software and system.

Open control panel>windows update>view update history, then you can see what you installed before the problem happens. Try to uninstall them and see if the problem still exists.

If the problem doesn't exist after you uninstall these updates, it is suggested that you don't install them temporary and wait for the software update. When you Check for update, you can choose which update to install, you are able to uncheck the checkbox of the update:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年5月16日 7:03
  • Problem solved. I tried uninstalling Windows Updates one by one and it made no difference. Finally I deleted every firewall rule for QuickBooks, and let the QB DB Manager add them. It worked. Thanks.
    2018年5月17日 17:01