ILM 2007 CM / FIM 2010 CM alternatives RRS feed

• 質問

• I'm currently evaluating Microsoft's certificate lifecycle management products and while I'm broadly content with the facilities they offer, I know someone will ask me about non-Microsoft alternatives. A quick Google has thrown up products from TrustWave, Venafi and Verisign to name but three.

Does anyone have any experience with these alternatives and how they compare with FIM CM? Are there any other products I should look at that have the same, or better, capabilities than FIM CM?

Steve G

2011年3月9日 10:20

回答

• Hi Steve,

I suggest you also ask in the FIM 2010 forum. The support professional there are more familiar with it and can help you in a more efficient way.

Forefront Identity Manager 2010

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ilm2/threads

Regards,

Bruce

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • 回答としてマーク Bruce-Liu 2011年3月29日 7:26
    2011年3月10日 7:31

すべての返信

• On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:20:16 +0000, Steven Griffiths wrote:

I'm currently evaluating Microsoft's certificate lifecycle management products and while I'm broadly content with the facilities they offer, I know someone will ask me about non-Microsoft alternatives. A quick Google has thrown up products from TrustWave, Venafi and Verisign to name but three.

Does anyone have any experience with these alternatives and how they compare with FIM CM? Are there any other products I should look at that have the same, or better, capabilities than FIM CM?

A lot of that really comes down to what you want to use FIM CM for. For
    example, neither TrustWave nor Venafi nor Verisign provide smart card
    management capabilities.

In the smart card space you may want to take a look at iDOnDemand
    particularly if you have PIV requirements (FIM CM doesn't do PIV).

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Closed loop: A method of execution no longer in vogue except in Iran.

2011年3月9日 11:26
  • Thanks, Paul.

Do you know if the iDOnDemand product also allows the management of web server certs, as demonstrated by Brian in one of his conference sessions, as well as any of the other scenarios he proposed, e.g. issuance of medium assurance certificates, customising the subject name or adding SANs, recovery of user certificates etc?

While I'm more than happy to recommend FIM 2010 CM to customers to address these scenarios, I know I'll always be asked about non-Microsoft alternatives, so it always looks good if I can suggest Product X as an alternative and highlight its advantages and disadvantages compared to FIM 2010 CM.

Steve G

2011年3月9日 12:56
  • Hi Steve,

I suggest you also ask in the FIM 2010 forum. The support professional there are more familiar with it and can help you in a more efficient way.

Forefront Identity Manager 2010

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ilm2/threads

Regards,

Bruce

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • 回答としてマーク Bruce-Liu 2011年3月29日 7:26
    2011年3月10日 7:31