Cannot add a file share to W2k8 File Server Cluster RRS feed

回答

• Delete the File Server Resource.  This should leave the Disk and the CAP.  On the disk, share the folder you want shared, follow the wizard and see if that fixes the sisue for you.
    Chuck Timon Senior, Support Escalation Engineer (SEE) Microsoft Corporation
    • 回答としてマーク Tim Quan 2009年12月21日 2:02
    2009年12月18日 23:05

すべての返信

• Any error in Event Viewer?
    2009年12月17日 2:30
  • Are you sure the share name does not exists for that File-Server-Network-Name

browse to \\<NetworkName> and see if a share is there with the same name already

rgds,
    edwin.
    2009年12月17日 8:55
  • Thank you for replies guys,

Yes, I am sure. I tried to create a new folder and share it from the wizard even - the same issue.
    Cluster event log (from cluster mmc)  is clean.

Regards,
    Alex
    2009年12月17日 17:05
  • Delete the File Server Resource.  This should leave the Disk and the CAP.  On the disk, share the folder you want shared, follow the wizard and see if that fixes the sisue for you.
    Chuck Timon Senior, Support Escalation Engineer (SEE) Microsoft Corporation
    • 回答としてマーク Tim Quan 2009年12月21日 2:02
    2009年12月18日 23:05
  • Thank you Chuck,

I kept this as the last resource, but since any other solution was found I followed your advise.

I deleted the FS resource and tried to create a share - got an error "The share cannot be created". when I tried to do the same from Share&Storage wizard I've got more information - it could not create a share since I was trying to create it on shared disk and the FS resource was not configured.

So I created FS resource back (all my previous created shares disappeared) and this time I could successfully recreated my old shares and create new ones.

Luckely I did not have a lot of shares, otherwise it would be painful. 

Thank you very much for your help! Looks like the Cluster is back to normal now.

Regards,

-Alex
    2009年12月21日 13:57
  • Can you provide me more instructions on how to delete the file server resource without losing any data?

TIA
    2010年2月26日 0:16