Migrate SCSM to Cloud RRS feed

• 質問

• Hello,

We are planning a project to migrate all of our System center deployments to either AWS or Azure starting with SCSM. I am wondering if there is any benefits to actually hosting the SCSM server on azure vs AWS. Same question for SCOM,SCCM, and SCORCH.

2020年4月1日 19:41

すべての返信

• Hi,

System Center delivers a simplified datacenter management experience to keep you in control—whether on-premises, in the cloud, or across platforms.

Cloud Advantages

• Accessibility: With cloud software, applications can be accessed from anywhere at anytime via any device or a web browser.
    • Security: Cloud service provider employs security measures that the company would find extremely high if it were to be done inhouse. Hence the better the measures, the better security it offers.
    • Scalability: Cloud technologies offer greater flexibility as these can be scaled up on demand as per the companies requirements.
    • Costs: Since the need to maintain on premise servers is eliminated, the cost of power and other resources are not present.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2020年4月2日 9:48
  • Hi,

It is possible to have all System Center components in the cloud, but the question is as you said, what is the benefit?

A few benefits would be the security, scalability and updates, this is usually much easier and better handled in the cloud.

Having these components in the cloud can also have a few drawbacks, you need to ensure that the latency isn't too high, you might also need to reconfigure/redesign your permissions and firewalls.

Other than that I don't see an issue why the System Center prodcuts cannot be in the cloud :-)

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

2020年4月2日 9:57
  • Hello,

We are planning a project to migrate all of our System center deployments to either AWS or Azure starting with SCSM. I am wondering if there is any benefits to actually hosting the SCSM server on azure vs AWS. Same question for SCOM,SCCM, and SCORCH.

Hi,

the topic was discussed a while ago and particular regarding SCSWM there was a presenation from Cireson:

SCSM + Azure: A Match Made in.....the Cloud!

Most probably you know it already. IMHO there are benefits if you plan to move all your infrastrcuture to the Cloud. Yes. If you are still in a hybrid scenario and you just want to evaluate the benefits of runnins SCSM (or any other System Center product) in the Cloud vs. On-Prem then I cannot find any benefits, only drawbacks. 
    Like Leon mention, you will have to re-design your network, ensure suffcient DB performance in Azure, move your servers, etc.etc.. 

this would apply for almost all products. SCOrch is an exception. I would move SCOrch to the cloud simply, because there we have Azure Automation and this is a "native" Cloud service. If you want to adopt Azure properly, imho using Azure native services would be the proper approach - Azure Monitor for monitoring, Azure Automation, etc.

Hope I could be of help.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

2020年4月2日 10:34