none
Briefly unable to access network computer by name, just IP Address

質問

• Since our company changed routers, every couple of days, we briefly and just a few minutes and at random times, lose access to a key shared computer.

When we are not able to access by name, we ARE able to access by IP Address.

Within a few minutes or less, everything is fine.

This is occurring on up to 4 computers, but not at the same time.  When one is unable to access, other's still can.

Any suggestions?

2018年7月13日 17:30

すべての返信

• Hi Mark,

According to the symptoms, it should be the DNS issue.

Since the issue occurs randomly and shortly, it's hard to trace it. Here I suggest you reset the DNS cache on all of these computers:

1. While on the desktop, press WIN+X.
     2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
     3. Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt.
     4. Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
     5. Type ipconfig /renew in the command prompt
     6. Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
     7. Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt.
     8. Close the command prompt and attempt to make a connection.

In addition, since it occurs after changing router, please also consider the router problem. Update router driver and firmware. Furthermore, contact router support to see if any solution.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年7月16日 2:26
    モデレータ
  • I'll keep you updated on this topic to see if it worked.
    2018年7月16日 14:06
  • I'll keep you updated on this topic to see if it worked.

Any update?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年7月17日 8:58
    モデレータ
  • Solution was implemented.  

The issue hasn't re-occurred since then, which was yesterday AM.

2018年7月17日 11:59
  • Had another instance of shared PC not accessible after follow the IP release, renew & DNS flush.

2018年7月17日 12:04
  • Hi Mark,

Did you use IP address or host name o access it?

Do the following operations on host and guest computers:

Step 1: Please open Services console, make sure the following services' startup type is "Automatic" and status is "Running".

• DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host

Step 2: Turn on the network discovery for all network profile using command:

1. Open Prompt command(Admin).

2. Type the following command:

netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Network Discovery" new enable=Yes

Step 3: Check if those PCs set disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the NetBIOS settings:

1. Open Control Panel \ Network and Internet.

3. Click Change adapter settings.

3. Right-click your connection, and then click Properties.

4. In the This connection uses the following items list, double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), click Advanced, and then click the WINS tab.

5. In NetBIOS settings, there are there options.

Besides that, type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt as Admin to flush the DNS.

Finally, reboot the computer to check the result.

2018年7月18日 7:08
    モデレータ
  • I was using the Host name, not the IP Address.  IP Address continues to function.

I'll try this shortly & thank you.

Mark Spilker

2018年7月18日 10:30
  • No luck with this latest change.

Had a longer 30 minute lock out.

I am able to ping the IP address & ping the computer name, if that matters.

Neither the router or PC reset made a difference.

While the PC was locked out, I released & renewed the IP address  & cleared the DNS.  

Eventually, the connection was remade.

Would it matter that the source computer is considerably more power than the locked out one?

Mark Spilker

2018年7月19日 19:55
  • Hi,

What's message or just freeze?

You can boot computer into Clean Boot to eliminate the third-party software and service:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

That's randomly to hard to find out the culprit. You can refresh DNS & IP as a workaround.  If you want to find out the root cause, I suggest you open a premier support ticket. The premier engineer has a higher level, they may have more resources to help you.

Support requests

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/premier

2018年7月24日 9:00
    モデレータ
  • Not a freeze, the prompt says that the user can't access the shared computer.

Thanks for the suggestion on the premier ticket.

Mark Spilker

2018年7月25日 12:08