I am working on LTI OEM Task Sequence Testing for Windows7 SP1. I got list of below doubts and looking for the solution from the experts
1. Have created two Task Sequence (1. OEM TS, 2. OS Deployment)
2. While Deploying the OEM Task Sequence : Its creating two partition OSDisk (C:) and BDEDrive (D:) of 2GB. I have modified ZTIdiskpart.vbs to create the BDE Drive as 300 MB
3. The Deployment share has been shared into the client HDD.
4. While begins the installation, the MDT deployment goes fine and installing the OS as designed.
But my questions are here.
1. Why OEM TS creating default 2GB of BDEDrive. Any Specific customizations??????
2. Post execution of the OS Deployment in the client machine, Deploy & MININT folder resides in the client machine which occupies minimum of 5GB Data's
- Any workaround should be done for the second question to initiate the CleanUp actions.
3. What is the workaround to be carried out to create 300 MB of BDEDrive as hidden partition in the client machine.
Looking forward for the quick response.........
I can answer your question #2.
MDT 2010 is little buggy when doing the cleanup on C:\MININT. If you would like the cleanup to work-out-of-the-box. you need to add two variabels to your customsettings.ini [General] section.
This will cleanup your C:\MININT folder. However the Deployment Summary screen is supressed and you will not be able to view any warnings or errors from that page. You will need to review the logfiles from C:\Windows\Temp\DeploymentLogs\. If you don't like this solution you need to run a script that cleanup this folder after deployment. This script can be deployed with MDT. Basicly what you need are
1) Copy the script to local disk
2) Add a runonce string in the registry to execute your script for the next person how logs on.
If C:\Deploy is not removed I suspect that the deployment have failed somehow.
- 編集済み Michael Klinteberg 2011年12月13日 8:19
Have you looked at the properties of the task sequence at all.
I believe by default the OEM TS has 'Create Bitlocker Partition' as the first step of the task sequence. Go to your task sequence properties and click on 'Create Bitlocker Partition'. Click the options tab to the right and then click 'Disable This Step', then click apply.
Either that or just remove it from the TS all together.