none
cisco vpn client 5.0.07.0240 for windows 7-64 bit minimizes at taskbar and is in status:disconnect...doesnt maximize and open

質問

• 2010年4月27日 1:20

回答

• can you try a system restore back to a day before (when this worked properly)?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 01:20:51 +0000, akshay2112 wrote:

>I used 5.0.07.0240 cisco client vpn for 1 mth with my windows 7 -64 bit pc. Worked fine for 1 mth. Suddenly today when I double click on the icon to start it up, VPN automatically minimizes down to the task bar with a status of Disconnected. It does not give you the option to hit connect or anything before it minimizes. I have not seen this before and made no changes..but now it just doesnt work. Any solutions??? Did windows just patch automatically breaking cisco? Unfortunately, cisco does not provide world class technical service....called them up but no use.

Barb Bowman www.digitalmediaphile.com
    2010年4月27日 18:00
  • Hi,

Please also boot the system to clean boot environment and check if there are any conflicts:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

If the issue persists, please also try reinstalling the CISCO VPN Client. (Please ensure you have the installation package of this software.)

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    2010年4月28日 3:49
    モデレータ

すべての返信

•  

For any Windows 7 questions:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

Above link is to Windows 7 Forums, for questions about Windows 7.

All Windows 7 questions should be directed there.

You are in Vista Forums.

Cheers.

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner
    2010年4月27日 9:29
  • the name of this group is Technet.en-US.w7itpronetworking - clearly W7 and not
    Vista. What are you thinking?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:29:08 +0000, Michael Murphy wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >For any Windows 7 questions: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
    >
    >Above link is to Windows 7 Forums, for questions about Windows 7. All Windows 7 questions should be directed there. You are in Vista Forums. Cheers.
    >
    >
    >Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

• can you try a system restore back to a day before (when this worked properly)?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 01:20:51 +0000, akshay2112 wrote:

>I used 5.0.07.0240 cisco client vpn for 1 mth with my windows 7 -64 bit pc. Worked fine for 1 mth. Suddenly today when I double click on the icon to start it up, VPN automatically minimizes down to the task bar with a status of Disconnected. It does not give you the option to hit connect or anything before it minimizes. I have not seen this before and made no changes..but now it just doesnt work. Any solutions??? Did windows just patch automatically breaking cisco? Unfortunately, cisco does not provide world class technical service....called them up but no use.

• Hi,

Please also boot the system to clean boot environment and check if there are any conflicts:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

If the issue persists, please also try reinstalling the CISCO VPN Client. (Please ensure you have the installation package of this software.)

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    2010年4月28日 3:49
    モデレータ
  • I tried it all!

Unfortunately, my system restore date is not before the day I started having problems

Can anyone help?????

2010年5月8日 18:25
  • uninstall the 5.0.07 version x64 beta and install the official released version
    5.0.07.290 - your IT person who provided the beta should be able to get you the
    released bits.

On Sat, 8 May 2010 18:25:12 +0000, akshay2112 wrote:

>
    >
    >I tried it all!
    >
    >
    >
    >Unfortunately, my system restore date is not before the day I started having problems
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >Can anyone help?????

2010年5月9日 11:13
  • I have the same problem with version 5.0.07.0290. A solution that worked for me was to open Task Manager, right click on the application in Applications tab and choose maximize.
    2010年5月25日 10:56
  • I also have this issue with the same version.  I can start the application but it immediately Miminizes its window and appears in the Toolbar.  If I right-click on it, I can select to Maximize.  That brings the window in a full screen (where I can use the app).  At this point, clicking the Restore Down does not reduce the window size, but it Minimizes it back.  The only thing installed on my PC since the VPN application is an Adobe update.
    2010年7月14日 16:25
  • Hi, 

Here is a solution to this -

1. Start VPN Client
    2. Start Task Manager
    3. Select VPN client from Applications tab, right click on it and click Maximize
    4. VPN client will be visible in maximized form
    5. Go to  Options -> Preferences -> Save Windows Settings.   Uncheck this.
    6. Now restart VPN client

It should work fine now. Please let  me know if it doesn't.

• 回答の候補に設定 soft mick 2012年1月4日 14:16
    2010年7月15日 8:47
  • Thanks for the reply, but I already reinstalled the client, which is now working fine, so I won't be able to test your solution.
    2010年7月16日 13:42
  • This got me to thinking about the new feature of Win 7 and the 'auto docking' of a window by dragging it to the top of the monitor.  After doing as described above I grabbed the window title bar and dragged down a bit.  The window resized to a usable size.  After closing and reopening the windows stays at a usable size.  I set the save window settings back on and it is still usable.
    2010年9月27日 19:05
  • Great - thanks - this works! i.e. using Task Manager - Re-install, etc ... does not.
    2010年10月14日 17:25
  • Had this problem with 5.0.07.0290, using pankaj kawale's instructions but adding a few new items worked for me. 
    1. Start VPN Client
    2. Start Task Manager
    3. Select VPN client from Applications tab, right click on it and click Maximize
    5. Go to  Options -> Preferences -> Save Windows Settings.   Uncheck this.
    6. Go to Options -> Simple Mode.
    7. Go to Options -> Advanced Mode.
    8. Now restart VPN client.

(Here's hoping our IT Dept. gets the Beta of Direct Access (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/dd420463.aspx) completed.)

2011年2月24日 19:09
  • Thank you very much for your help. I had the same problem and thanks to you I could solve it!
    2011年4月28日 1:55
  • Thanks Pankaj.

Steps 1 -4 worked fine.

Did 5-6 but still cant see it.

But im gald I could connect when I did step - 3

2011年5月19日 0:49
  • Anyone out there still having this problem, check the vpnclient.ini file. This happened to me and the WindowX and WindowY settings were huge. Set those to coordinates that will show on your screen (300 and 0 etc) and it will be fixed.
    • 回答の候補に設定 mleanos 2012年1月17日 5:17
    2011年8月4日 13:45
  • I am experiencing the same issue with Cisco VPN client 5.0.07.0290. Windows 7 SP1 x64 bit OS.

When I start the VPN Client (no dialog appears) (Have tried to start this multiple ways)

Start the Task Manager

The VPN client is NOT present on the Applications tab to right click on it and Maximize it.

The VPNgui.exe service does not appear.

THe only thing that will make the Cisco dialog appear is restarting the Cisco service. This defaults back to the same behavior after a reboot of the system. Any one have an idea of what is causing this issue? I do not want to entertain switching VPN clients at this time. Just need to get thoughts on why this could be occuring after months of use without issue.

Investigated last post settings and the VPN INI file yeilded the same on both XP and 7x64:

WindowWidth=600
    WindowHeight=330

2011年9月8日 19:56
  • VPN INI file was investigated and the setting to run before logon was the culprit.
    2011年11月3日 20:02
  • Spot on! 

2011年12月16日 20:02
  • This is the second time this has happened to me, and the last time I did a system restore. Your method is MUCH quicker and easier.

Many thanks

2012年1月4日 14:15
  • this worked for me:

1. Start VPN Client
    2. Start Task Manager
    3. Select VPN client from Applications tab (make sure you are not looking at processes tab), right click on it and click Maximize
    5. grab VPN window and drag down slightly, win7 will resize it for you
    6. exit and test to make sure changes were saved

• 回答の候補に設定 jayrod101 2012年1月5日 17:44
    2012年1月5日 17:44
  • This worked for me too, Thans for the solution

1. Start VPN Client
    2. Start Task Manager
    5. Go to Options -> Preferences -> Save Windows Settings. Uncheck this.
    6. Now restart VPN client
    2012年1月16日 7:14
  • Anyone out there still having this problem, check the vpnclient.ini file. This happened to me and the WindowX and WindowY settings were huge. Set those to coordinates that will show on your screen (300 and 0 etc) and it will be fixed.

Great find! Thank you very much.

This was torturing me for two days. I have two machines, and one worked fine and the other was exhibiting this behavior.

Not even the Task Manager -> Maximize solution worked for me. Tried uninstalling/installing and restoring but still nothing. Finally, I found your post and this worked like a charm. I just copied my other machines vpnclient.ini file contents and I'm back in business.

Here's what my vpnclient.ini file looks like...

[main]
    ClientLanguage=
    [GUI]
    DefaultConnectionEntry=xxxxx
    WindowWidth=600
    WindowHeight=330
    WindowX=292
    WindowY=274
    VisibleTab=0
    ConnectionAttribute=0
    AdvancedView=1
    LogWindowWidth=0
    LogWindowHeight=0
    LogWindowX=0
    LogWindowY=0

I didn't take note of what it was before, except the WindowX & WindowY being very very large numbers. Anyone have any idea on how this could have happened?

Thanks much!

Developer
    2012年1月17日 5:16
  • Yep agreed.  Renaming the vpnclient.ini file fixed it for me too
    2012年1月24日 1:58
  • in my case all of this don't work. changing content of file vipclient.ini, but this help me for one start ..

any ideas?

System: Windows 7 Prof + Cisco VPN Client 5.0.0.07.0290

Error message:

Error 56: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service has not been started. Please start this service and try again

• 編集済み MustDie 2012年2月7日 8:21
    2012年2月7日 7:59
  • Brilliant!
    2012年3月16日 4:25
  • Great fix Carter88.  Worked out fantastic and got me out of a real bind.  Thanks Again.
    2013年1月5日 17:20
  • Thanks a lot for the help. This really was helpful; because if this is in the list of applications, it can be maximized and accessed normally.
    2018年5月18日 1:22