none
USOCLIENT.EXE - Documentation? RRS feed

• 質問

• As of 1709, the WUAUCLT command appears to be deprecated in Windows 10 and Server 2016.  It's replacement appears to be the USOCLIENT.EXE located in System32.  I can't find any official Microsoft documentation on this executable and don't want to rely solely on third party speculation.  Has anyone been able to find an MS article on this?

Thanks,

Ben

2018年1月16日 18:29

すべての返信

• Hi,

Usoclient.exe is an internal command line, so there is no official article or /? /help about it.

If my reply is useful for you, please kindly mark it as an answer to help more customers.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年1月17日 2:22
    モデレータ
  • Hi,

I haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I proposed  helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to let me know if the reply is useful for you.

I would appreciate you if you could mark useful reply as an answer which can help more customers who have same issue with you.

Bests,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年1月19日 1:55
    モデレータ
  • Hi,

Any update?

I will very appreciate for your feedback about the issue.

Bests,

2018年1月22日 5:57
    モデレータ
  • If MSFT's official stance is that theyre not going to provide documentation, I'm going to leave the question open as a thread for third party's to offer information/suggestions.  

2018年1月22日 18:06
  • Hi,

If you prefer to leave the thread open, so we will not close the thread on our side, too.

Hope you could get the best answer from TechNet forum.

Bests,

2018年1月23日 2:08
    モデレータ
  •  USOclient.exe  

startdownload               (download updates)
       startinstall                    (install updates)
       Refreshsettings             (Refresh settings if any changes were made)
       StartInteractiveScan      (Open a dialog and start scanning for updates)
       RestartDevice                (Restart computer to finish installing updates)
       ScanInstallWait              (Scan, Download, and install updates)
       ResumeUpdate               (Resume installing updates on next boot)

They all seem to force the client to report immediately to the WSUS server

2018年4月17日 15:43
  • I have played around with this for hours and finally come up with a simple script to download install and reboot that works on Window 10 1803 :

https://www.urtech.ca/2018/11/solved-easily-script-windows-10-to-download-install-and-restart-for-windows-updates/

I hope this helps!

Ian Matthews www.urtech.ca www.commodore.ca

2018年11月20日 2:05
  • Missing 'StartScan'

Here extended:

StartScan Used To Start Scan [This will also force the client to report its status to the WSUS server (if configured).]
    • StartDownload Used to Start Download of Patches
    • StartInstall Used to Install Downloaded Patches
      • We have found this needs to be used after ScanInstallWait
    • RefreshSettings Refresh Settings if any changes were made
    • StartInteractiveScan May ask for user input and/or open dialogues to show progress or report errors
    • RestartDevice Restart device to finish installation of updates
      • We have found this switch does nothing visible in Win10 1803
    • ScanInstallWait Combined Scan Download Install
      • We have found this kicks the PC to scan itself, check for available updates and download them… but not install them
      • We have found this command sits for about 2.5 minutes after it has apparently completed before ending and allowing the next command in any script to run
    • ResumeUpdate Resume Update Installation On Boot

Source:
    https://www.urtech.ca/2018/11/usoclient-documentation-switches/

https://omgdebugging.com/2017/10/09/command-line-equivalent-of-wuauclt-in-windows-10-windows-server-2016/

2019年1月30日 10:24
  • Does anyone know if it is possible to run this command with a switch that will tell the machines to "check online for updates from Microsoft Update", while being joined to a WSUS server?

My goal is to keep the machines joined to WSUS, but run this command every once in a while so that I can get my driver's via Windows update and not our WSUS server.

2019年8月1日 13:00