"Get Windows 10" Fails due to VMWare SVGA 3D driver

全般的な情報交換

• I have 4 Windows 7 x64 VMs running on my vSphere 5.5 that should all be compatible with Windows 10 and receive the free upgrade notification.  One machine was a P2V of a failing PC, it has registered OK, the other three were all built as VMs but fail the compatibility check.  The "Check my PC" (on all 4 W7 VMs) says that Windows 10 will not function on these machines due to incompatibility with the VMWare SVGA 3D driver, though the multiple Windows 10 preview VMs running clearly shows this is not the case.  The only reason I can see the P2V box passed/registered OK was that it once-upon-a-time had a physical ATI video card and there are still some lingering remnants of this.  Can anyone think of any work-around or resolutions for this?  If I am eligible/entitled to these Win 10 licenses I would like to have them.

On on VM I have removed the VMware SVGA 3D driver and switched to the default Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor, I'm hoping it'll re-run the assessment and pass.  I'm not optimistic about it though.

2015年6月7日 18:09

すべての返信

• Go to the VMWare forums and post your inquiry there.  VMWare would be much more qulified to advise you on this situation.
    2015年6月7日 21:59
  • This seems to be a fault on the MS side, not VMWare.  Windows 10 consumer & Enterprise previews both function great within VMs.  I've had a few running in my lab (vSphere 5.5), all using the vmware tools & drivers.  So, the driver itself is actually compatible and functioning within the Windows 10 OS, it appears to be a fault in the assessment tool that is incorrectly flagging this device as incompatible and thus denying the ability to register. 
    • 編集済み Auberon 2015年6月7日 22:07 typo
    2015年6月7日 22:07
  • Auberon,

Thanks for sharing this.

Currently I have no idea regarding the issue you mentioned, and it seems to be a little hard to determine the root cause of it.

We may choose to submit feedbacks on this topic using the Windows Feedabck Tool, and we may also seek help at the VMWare side and see if they could offer any further assistance.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2015年6月8日 9:02
    モデレータ
  • I have the same issue as Auberon on a Windows 7 VM running on ESXi 5.1.    
    2015年6月16日 18:43
  •   VirtualBox users are getting similar messages. Not surprising really, because the video driver won't be written until Windows 10 is stable (and the Windows 7 one certainly wouldn't do).

Bill

2015年6月16日 23:38
  • Same issue for me. Clean installs of Windows 10 work fine inside VMware ESX 6.0 and VMware workstation, however upgrades are blocked because the VMware SVGA 3D driver is reported as incompatible despite the fact that it works fine.
    2015年6月30日 15:18
  • Frankly I would update from the ISO.  Its faster, less prone to false positives, etc

Pro version 10130 ISO download :
    product key : 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

2015年6月30日 16:32
    モデレータ
  • Not really what I was looking for. I know how to circumvent the problem, but that doesn't change the fact that the driver is being incorrectly identified as incompatible and blocking the correct operation of the upgrade reservation tool. Removing the video driver and reverting to the generic VGA driver is also a workaround. All three of my VMs that were affected are now reporting that they will update without the driver present. The problem still remains that a compatible, signed driver is causing the utility to block completely, not just report a potential compatibility issue post-upgrade.
    2015年7月8日 5:58
  • According to VMWare, this is a Microsoft issue. A lot of us are feeling frustrated by the finger pointing. In short, VMWare says that Microsoft is not responding to their complaints about Windows not recognizing the driver.

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2523524
    2015年7月15日 6:06