locked
MIM 2016 sync (SharePointsync.psm1) errors RRS feed

  • 質問

  • Dear Experts,

    We have installed latest MIM (Microsoft Identity Manager 2016) build (4.4.1302.0) in our development server (windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter). When we trying to configure the sync (using SharePointSync.psm1 script from https://github.com/SharePoint/PnP-Tools/tree/master/Solutions/UserProfile.MIMSync )  between SharePoint 2016 and active directory, very first time we saw version issue and we modify script line as below and we run again, the second time we found below error, which relates forest-name and Xmlproperties. 

    • Are we following the standard process for MIM Sharepoint 2016 active directory Sync?
    • Can let you us know if there is latest version of SharePointSync.psm1 for the latest version (4.4.1302.0)?
    • Is there are any issues with windows powershell when working with xml properties

    Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    if ($MimPowerShellModuleAssembly.VersionInfo.ProductMajorPart -eq 4 -and
            $MimPowerShellModuleAssembly.VersionInfo.ProductMinorPart -ge 3)# -and 
            #$MimPowerShellModuleAssembly.VersionInfo.ProductBuildPart -ge 2064)


    Chandu Bheemuni


    2017年3月1日 16:28

回答

  • Seward & Hussain,

    Finally we have able to see our own connection instead of Litware.com. We have done changes in proxy settings and removed ADMA/SPMA agents from console and re-configured again.

    Thanks for all your support!


    Chandu Bheemuni

    2017年3月8日 7:50

すべての返信

  • You need to delete the SPMA/ADMA and re-download the XML files. Please use this one if you want compatibility with the current version of MIM SP1:

    https://github.com/tseward/PnP-Tools/tree/master/Solutions/UserProfile.MIMSync


    Trevor Seward

    Office Servers and Services MVP



    Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

    2017年3月1日 16:31
  • Hi Seward,

    Thanks for quick response!

    I have downloaded all latest files (SPMA,ADMA  and SharePointsync.psm1) and still it is displaying below same error with latest SharePointSync.psm1. It was resolved version issue.

    Please let me know if I missed anything.

    The script taking namespace references as below, but internet is not enabled in our MIM server. Do you think, this is causing the issue? 

    $namespace = @{dsml="http://www.dsml.org/DSML"; 'ms-dsml'="http://www.microsoft.com/MMS/DSML"


    Chandu Bheemuni



    2017年3月2日 8:32
  • You didn't download a new copy of the XML files.

    Trevor Seward

    Office Servers and Services MVP



    Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

    2017年3月2日 15:56
  • Chandu,

    When you run the PowerShell script to install the configuration files, during the configuration it update the MA-ADMA.xml, MA-SPMA.xml and MV.xml with the values you provide during the installation script i.e DN, OU etc. so you would have to delete these three files and reload them and try running the script again. Please see the reason and a resolutions outlined in link below.

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/33816.error-during-the-installation-of-sharepoint-server-configuration-file-user-profile-service-mim.aspx


    Mohammed Hussain

    2017年3月4日 23:56
  • Thank you! Mohammed, I was able to run the SharePointsync.ps1 file. 

    @Seward,

    When I am run the Start-SharePointsync -verbose commands, the AD users import is not working (see below image 1) and it is showing as no-startoconnection at ReturnValue, I have also verified Synchronization Service Manager window, the ADMA FullImport showing as (image 2) Litware.com connection failed, even though we have removed Litware from the files, not sure from where it still calling this hard coded domain name. Can you please let me know, if still it needs to modify the properties in any of the files?


    Chandu Bheemuni

    2017年3月6日 7:25
  • Litware.com is what Microsoft implemented in the XML configuration files. You shouldn't be editing those files directly. You need to remove your ADMA/SPMA, re-download the XML files, then start from scratch with configuring the management agents.

    Trevor Seward

    Office Servers and Services MVP



    Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

    2017年3月6日 19:02
  • Seward & Hussain,

    Finally we have able to see our own connection instead of Litware.com. We have done changes in proxy settings and removed ADMA/SPMA agents from console and re-configured again.

    Thanks for all your support!


    Chandu Bheemuni

    2017年3月8日 7:50