none
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service when mapping a drive to a NAS box

質問

• HP workstation just stopped connecting to drive maps from a NAS box. Was working fine last week. It will load just one of the three net use drive maps. The error is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"
    Unit is an HP desktop running Windows 7 Pro

What I've tried;
    Swapped out network cables
    Swapped the network connection from a known working pc to this one.
    I changed the swap file size to 1.5x static
    Change the IP to static
    Removed AV, no difference (eset nod32)
    Installed Malwarebytes and scanned, no issues
    Set a host value, still not working
    Ran windows updates
    tried logging in as a different user (administrator) and same error

we can see all the shares on the machine with windows explorer. On the NAS, I have set up user accounts for each of the workstations accessing the device but shares named SHARED and INSTALL are set for EVERYONE read access and Admin full access. As I said, only the users home folder is available to browse and access on this problem machine.

When I run the net use to map the shared folder (net use S: \\IX2\Shared /user:username password), I get -> System error 1450 has occurred / Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

2015年12月24日 14:16

回答

• Hi,

I quite understand your issue. Does the issue occur only in the one machine? We would like to suggest you perform the steps below to fix it.

1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4.In the New Value #1 box, type PoolUsageMaximum, and then press ENTER.

5.Right-click PoolUsageMaximum, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 60, click Decimal, and then click OK.

7.If the PagedPoolSize registry entry exists, go to step 8. If the PagedPoolSize registry entry does not exist, create it.

To do this, follow these steps:

On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. •In the New Value #1 box, type PagedPoolSize, and then press ENTER.

8.Right-click PagedPoolSize, and then click Modify.

9.In the Value data box, type ffffffff, and then click OK.

10.Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Hope it will be helpful you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2015年12月25日 6:58
    モデレータ

すべての返信

• Hi,

I quite understand your issue. Does the issue occur only in the one machine? We would like to suggest you perform the steps below to fix it.

1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4.In the New Value #1 box, type PoolUsageMaximum, and then press ENTER.

5.Right-click PoolUsageMaximum, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 60, click Decimal, and then click OK.

7.If the PagedPoolSize registry entry exists, go to step 8. If the PagedPoolSize registry entry does not exist, create it.

To do this, follow these steps:

On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. •In the New Value #1 box, type PagedPoolSize, and then press ENTER.

8.Right-click PagedPoolSize, and then click Modify.

9.In the Value data box, type ffffffff, and then click OK.

10.Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Hope it will be helpful you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2015年12月25日 6:58
    モデレータ
  • Hi,
    We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.
    Best Regards,
    Simon

2016年1月6日 7:33
    モデレータ
  • Hi there, I have been on holidays and am back now. No, I tried this and this did not fix the issue. I now have two NAS boxes on the network and I can't see both from the one workstation yet the other workstation, I can see and access them just fine.

Both PC's are set for a dynamic IP address, both running windows 10.

2016年1月17日 14:59
  • Hi Charles,

Recently had same issue and your suggestion has worked for me.

Thanks a Lot. 

2018年7月14日 2:25