Licensing model RRS feed

• 質問

• I can't seem to find any thing regarding the licensing model for SM.  Can someone tell me (high level) how SM is licensed?  What is the retail cost?
    2010年4月9日 19:35

回答

• Service Manager is licensed per managed device/user.

On the client side it is included in the ECAL licensing suite.

On the server side it is included in the SMSE/SMSD licensing suite.

It is also available as a stand-alone license for server and client.

Since there are many variables that go into pricing I would recommend talking over the specifics with either your Microsoft sales rep or your reseller.

One public announcement has been made about the pricing you should be aware of though - the SMSE/SMSD suite price is going up as of Aug 1st 2010 to account for the inclusion of Opalis and Service Manager in the suite, so hurry to lock in the original price and you will essentially get SCSM and Opalis at no extra cost.  If you are already a SMSE/SMSD/ECAL customer with Software Assurance then you already own SCSM.

http://blogs.technet.com/systemcenter/archive/2010/03/30/licensing-update-smse-smsd-pricing-changes-to-be-effective-august-1-2010.aspx

Travis Wright Senior Program Manager Lead Microsoft
    2010年4月28日 4:48

すべての返信

• Service Manager is licensed per managed device/user.

On the client side it is included in the ECAL licensing suite.

On the server side it is included in the SMSE/SMSD licensing suite.

It is also available as a stand-alone license for server and client.

Since there are many variables that go into pricing I would recommend talking over the specifics with either your Microsoft sales rep or your reseller.

One public announcement has been made about the pricing you should be aware of though - the SMSE/SMSD suite price is going up as of Aug 1st 2010 to account for the inclusion of Opalis and Service Manager in the suite, so hurry to lock in the original price and you will essentially get SCSM and Opalis at no extra cost.  If you are already a SMSE/SMSD/ECAL customer with Software Assurance then you already own SCSM.

http://blogs.technet.com/systemcenter/archive/2010/03/30/licensing-update-smse-smsd-pricing-changes-to-be-effective-august-1-2010.aspx

Travis Wright Senior Program Manager Lead Microsoft
    2010年4月28日 4:48
  • Travis:

Thanks for the info.  Due to the overwhelming cost of licensing the clients and server, this is not a solution we can afford...and it really overkill for a "helpdesk solution"...albeit it does have a lot of nice integraton with other system center apps.  But for my company, the question is "is it worth it"...and for us, it isn't.  I really regret it! 

It is too bad that MS couldn't license it as a helpdesk solution...without all the other integratoin with SC.  Our LAR/VAR agreed that it was overkill to license it that way.  It really discriminate against smaller MS EA customers...but C'est la vie!

Thanks.

2010年4月29日 4:57
  • Hi Bruce,

but SCSM without the other System Center products does not make any fun...
    You're right, as a "Helpdesk Solution" SCSM is way too expensive, but hey, SCSM is not only a helpdesk solution, it's a complete set of Tools and Workflows to simplify your IT life... and in that manner you'll need SCOM and SCCM to use the powerful SCSM product.

Peter Forster, MVP Virtual Machine, Austria
    2010年5月3日 9:41